Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Marion Body Works

Just wondering what everybodies opinion on Marion Body Works fire and rescue apparatus is? Looking at possible builders fo a heavy rescue and they are one. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

My FD purchased a Marion rescue truck and we are very happy with it. It is a very high quality body, no issues in over 3 years. This truck responds 2 to 3 times per day in a very hilly community. This is a picture before we lettered it for our town-the truck was a demo Demo picture
    and at the scene of a working fire Rescue 1

The body has a walk in compartment in the front half and has plenty of cabinet space, most of which is open straight through the body. The truck has a 25KW generator and a light tower. The light tower is the best thing we have put on an apparatus since pre-connect hose.
    Last edited by KenNFD1219; 02-23-2006 at 09:49 PM.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

We run a 1994 International/Marion 14' walk-in Rescue. Very few issues over the years, paint has held up great. I would have no problems recommending Marion as a builder.
    In Arduis Fidelis
    Faithful in Adversity

I canít speak first hand about Marionís reliably but Iím hoping itís GOOD as we have a rescue under construction.
    Before signing on the dotted line I called a few departments that ran Marionís and they gave them favorable marks. A neighboring dept has a walk-in rescue on (I think an International chassis) and seem to have had good luck with it.

Just curious but what are you looking for; a walk-in or walk-around? Custom or commercial chassis, water & pump?

Hereís ours, itís not on the chassis yet and the pump or tank have been installed but its taking shape.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

MembersZone Subscriber

I have been through their plant several years ago. TOP KNOTCH... They had a Hobart welding award winner as their in-house instructor. Every weld from one end of the plant to the other end, aluminum to stainless looked ALL the same. There were no "just out of welding shop" welders there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Never heard anything bad about them they have been building rescues for years a department south of us has a heavy and light rescue built by them and the love them

Thread Information