Forum Member

Default Rome, Italy or Anywhere, Italy Fire Dept.

Hey does anyone know how to find work as a firefighter or EMT in Rome, Italy or anywhere in italy?

Thanks and be safe
    John FF/EMT

OSD122

The U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy have civilian firefighters in Italy. Not sure how often either branch opens announcements to the public, but the Navy currently has two fire service announcements at USA Jobs for status candidates at Naples and Sigonella-Sicily.

Those are the only two routes for a U.S. citizen that I know of.

Forum Member

Thanks alot brother

Forum Member

Again thanks but i seem not to be able to find anything in Italy for fire or EMS... im lookin to move there for a while and if i have to get citizenship i will...Do you know anything about Vigili del Fuoco (thats what they call their fire departments) or how their EMS system is run over ther? Everywhere i search on the internet for Italian Fire/EMS jobs, or what the process is to get a job, i keep finding nothing... i did find Vigili del Fuoco's website however it was all in Italian and my Italian skills arent all there just yet... any info is great. The US jobs was awesome and i appreciate your help

Thanks once again,
    John A. FF/EMT- NY

OSD122

Quote Originally Posted by Thewildabe
    Again thanks but i seem not to be able to find anything in Italy for fire or EMS... im lookin to move there for a while and if i have to get citizenship i will...Do you know anything about Vigili del Fuoco (thats what they call their fire departments) or how their EMS system is run over ther? Everywhere i search on the internet for Italian Fire/EMS jobs, or what the process is to get a job, i keep finding nothing... i did find Vigili del Fuoco's website however it was all in Italian and my Italian skills arent all there just yet... any info is great. The US jobs was awesome and i appreciate your help

Thanks once again,
    John A. FF/EMT- NY

John,

You're very welcome. I came very close to taking a U.S. Government job at Aviano, AFB about a year ago. Unfortunately I really don't know a lot about Italy's fire/EMS services, just some of the base departments.

As I mentioned before, being a federal firefighter for one of the military branches is the only way that I know a U.S. civilian can fight fire in Italy. Unfortunately, a good number of the civilian firefighting jobs in Italy and other overseas posts are only opened to status candidates, or those currently in federal service who qualify for the job.

Another option is for you to become a federal firefighter here in the states, or overseas and then apply for one of the Italian posts when the job announcements come out.

Just a thought.

Forum Member

Thanks again brother... it is obvious that u know your stuff and im happy to listen. stay safe and thanks again for the advice

John FF/EMT in NY

Thread Information