Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default looking for comercial engine pictures

We are starting the prosses of specing out a new rescue pumper. We know that it is going to be an Eone tradition series International 4400. I am trying to find out if anyone has seen a 2 door cab with a pass through compartment between the cab and pump panel. We want to put EMS gear and extrication equipment in this compartment with rool up doors no both sides and then have the same body that is on our new frist out engine that is a 2006 Eone International 4 door cab. If any one knows of any pictures of a set up like this I would greatly apreciate them. I photochoped this image form Eones recent deliveries of 3 diferent trucks but I would still like to find a photo of an actual engine.

Last edited by 64FFMJK; 02-26-2006 at 12:19 PM.

Even if E-One hasn't done anything like this, I can't see it being all that complicated. The width of that compartment really isn't wider than the walkway for a top-mount pump, so obviously it wouldn't be a stretch for them to just place a compartment in that same space.

I'll keep my eyes open for pictures of what you're looking for though.

Have found anything from E-One here in the U.S., but E-One Superior has built a couple.

Example #1

Example #2

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Showin off the new truck

I have some pictures of the new E-One truck we just put in service November of '05. It is a Freightliner Chassis, not an International. It does have a 1250 gpm pump and 1000 gallons of water. Not many bells and whistles, except for the ladder rack we put on it and then added full height cabinets on the passenger side. Send me your email address and I can forward them to you. There is one picture on our site here at Firehouse.Com

Clarksburg Volunteer Fire Department (Indiana)

Forum Member

example 2 is amlost exactly what I am looking for. We do want a 2 door engine this year since we took delivery of a 2006 Eone tradition series 5 man cab engine in December and are replacing the other engine in the station. The one we are curently replacing is first out on all auto accidents so we want a compartment between the cab and pump for extrication and EMS gear with regular Fire compartments behind the pump.

Forum Member

Question

What was the cost of a 5 man E-One Tradition - VS - Typhoon custom chassis Tradition pumper !
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 02-27-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Forum Member

I dont know for sure since I was not on the truck commity for the new rig but I do know it was in the $190,000's. We don't have the manpower in our all volly dept. to fill every seat in the dept. right now unfortunitly. 4 engines, 1 rescue, 1 brush truck and 1 ambulance. We are on a 10 year replacement plan and we had 2 1995 ford/ Eone's that were on a 10 year lease.

Well its not a E-one but, oh well...this is the big girl i helped design before leaving that dept.

Some of us are Leaders and some are Followers...get out of the way cause im taking the Knob!

www.westmead2.com

Forum Member

Default LDH on edge ?

I must admit, this is the first time I've seen LDH stacked on edge. How does it work when laying hose ? I've always thought that the couplings would get caught and give you all kinds of grief.

Quote Originally Posted by REVANANT
    I must admit, this is the first time I've seen LDH stacked on edge. How does it work when laying hose ? I've always thought that the couplings would get caught and give you all kinds of grief.

I honestly couldnt tell you how it's working...i had resigned from that Dept. shortly after taking delivery, it was my last thing to do before i resigned, was to get her home. Only time i drove it was at the plant and there was no body on it. They are a neighboring Dept. to me now but, i have not seen nor heard of how its working out for them...i think it was experimental
    Some of us are Leaders and some are Followers...get out of the way cause im taking the Knob!

www.westmead2.com

Thread Information