Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

(Saying this as I knock on wood)
    We've been lucky in our district, four calls on the interstate (three from careless smokers and one from a blown tire) and one hay baler that caught about half an acre on fire.

We'd be a lot busier if the interstate were in our district. With that said, though, the other shifts had made a couple of mutual aids runs to I-40 with Oak Grove.

Why can't your union departments still bei n the asffa also? In Kansas all of our union departments are members of the stste organization too.

http://www.murphysfire.net/

firefighter7160
    Firehouse.com Guest

Pine Bluff and Jacksonville are now taking app's for firefighters. Test dates sould be next month.........

firefighter7160
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Grant County Trucks

Sheridan Engine and Mini-Pumper, Grapevine Pumper-Tanker, Cane Creek Engine, Grant County Rescue 2 (Grant County Rescue, Covers Most of Grant County, and is one of the busiest Vol. Rescue units in the state)
    Attached Images Attached Images     

firefighter7160
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default New Trucks

Some More New Trucks

Black Rock Tanker
    Eldorado (Lion Oil) Pumper
    Little Rock Crash/Rescue
    Russellville Haz/Mat
    Attached Images Attached Images     

firefighter7160
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cozmosis View Post
    Has someone busted your ball$ in real life about these posts? Because I hope you're not going back and deleting posts just because someone on Firehouse.Com said you should.
    I see that some posts have made people go crazy, and seeing that we allready have anoff crazy people around here I thought that I would clean house.
    Last edited by firefighter7160; 11-26-2007 at 02:07 PM.

firefighter7160
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

cozmosis,

Good to see you guys got some FIRE ACT money. What are you going to get?

Forum Member

Coz, how are the new engines doing? We are about to hit 2000 runs for the year here in MH.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireman109 View Post
    Coz, how are the new engines doing? We are about to hit 2000 runs for the year here in MH.
    Just curious, are you, MH, a vol FD?

Forum Member

Combination, 23 career 10 paid per call. 2 stations, 54 square miles, 16,000 people, ASU campus / We run BLS 1st responder, Haz Mat tech for 7 counties plus all the other things that we all do! We run 7 people per shift, working a 24 on 48 off rotation. Does Mtn. View have a website? If you get a chance check us out at......

www.mtnhome.com/~mhfire/
    Last edited by fireman109; 12-13-2007 at 08:27 PM.

firefighter7160
    Firehouse.com Guest

Is Mt. Home still using smooth bore tips on there attack lines? And if so how is that working for you guys?

Forum Member

Combination, 23 career 10 paid per call. 2 stations, 54 square miles, 16,000 people, ASU campus / We run BLS 1st responder, Haz Mat tech for 7 counties plus all the other things that we all do! We run 7 people per shift, working a 24 on 48 off rotation. Does Mtn. View have a website? If you get a chance check us out at......

www.mtnhome.com/~mhfire/
    Actually on Allison-Slyamore. Thats area north of Mt View to Calico Rock. We also cover large part of Izard Co and range over to 56. I am looking for a home up that way, but also want to be on a dept. So was curious to what is a good vollie dept up in Baxter Co.

Forum Member

Hello 7160 - We have a combination and a solid bore handline on every engine. We use 1.75" hose, so it gives us a choice depending on the fire. Sometimes we are limited on manpower and we can use the solid bore in place of a 2.5" handline and flow about as much water without wearing the crew out. Some people love them, some hate them, same all over I suppose. Do you guys still have a that 1000' brass pole at station 1? What was it Light, Dark, Light, Light, let go! lol

Allison - There are a lot of good vol departments in BC. MH is the only career department in the county. Gassville has an 8 hour a day chief and Bull Shoals has 2 - 8 hour guys. If you need more info just yell.

Well, the 2006 Smeal let us down this spring. It threw a rod or some such thing while enroute to a baby locked in a car. Fortunately, the cops took care of the rescue while our engine sat on the side of the road. It spent a month or so in the shop and seems to be as good as new.

We're ordering a new pumper in 2008 for the new second station that is supposed to open in 2009. I don't think it will be a Smeal or be on a Spartan chassis. With the new Pro-Fire service center opening up in Conway, I know where I'd put my money on what we'll be seeing in the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter7160 View Post
    cozmosis, Good to see you guys got some FIRE ACT money. What are you going to get?
    I *know* I responded to this post... But something seems up with the forums -- your name appearing as a non-user among the most noticeable issues.

We're spending the cash on replacing some bunker gear as well as purchasing an extractor -- something we've never had before.

Forum Member

Is the 2nd station going to be on the north side of the city? How many guys are they going to let you all get? We have had a few problems with our new E-one, but never has just quit on us. It would be nice to get rigs local so if you had problems it wouldn't be that far to go. We ordered ours through a company in damascus but they went out of business the next year.

Forum Member

Talking

What Happened to My user name? It just stoped working? Ive emailed Firehouse.... O well, I wanted this name three years ago. It was taken then, but now its free...

Forum Member

Default come and see

Hey guys check out firefighternation.com good site and i have seen some of you there.

Default Bryant Fire

All is well in Bryant, we took on our new Bronto earlier this year and it is awesome. Had a few kinks to fix when we first got it( first month), but now it is very reliable. I guess it helps since two of the E1/Sunbelt techs work for us. The city is looking to annex to the north and hopefully sometime in latter part of the year...2008, we will open a 4th station. Anyway we are accepting applications and the closing day is 11 Jan 2008.

Bryant is accepting applications:
    Firefighter/EMT Ė The City of Bryant is accepting applications for full time
    Firefighter/EMT in the Bryant Fire Department. Applicant must be 21 years of
    age, have valid Arkansas Drivers License, Firefighter 1 & 2 as well as EMT
    Certified or be willing to be, must be able to perform fire fighting duties under
    hazardous and stressful conditions. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, but
    preferred. Must be able to work 24 hour shifts. Starting salary $25,467.00 plus
    benefits. All Applicants must take written exam and physical agility test.
    Applications may be picked up at the Personnel Office at 210 S.W. 3rd Street,
    Bryant, AR. 72022. Applications must be turned in to Human Resource by 5:
    00pm January 11, 2008.

Default Bryant

PS...our department website is
    bryantfirerescue.net

Thread Information