Forum Member

Question FDNY Heavy Rescue

Any information on the new rescue 1 apparatus that is being built by " Pierce " with a Arrow Xt cab & chassis for the city of New York ?

Forum Member

nope but ferrara's new Hazmat for FDNY is done.

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by emtcsmith
    It looks like the Ferrara fire apparatus co. has there foot in the door over at FDNY and is taking some of the apparatus contracts away from " Seagrave ". Will aerial ladders & pumpers be next !!
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 02-28-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Forum Member

Default Well Actually......

Granted Ferrara is taking a share of FDNY busines but it's not from Seagrave. What they've got so far is mostly "Box" type units that Seagrave has never made. I'm not really sure who made the past Hazmat units etc. But Saulsbury (Now E-One) had the Heavy Rescue Business that appears to be up for grabs!
    Last edited by Bulldog; 03-01-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Forum Member

I think the FDNY hazmat trucks may have been built by Mack/Salisbury ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII
    I think the FDNY hazmat trucks may have been built by Mack/Salisbury ?
    The frontline and one of the reserves are Mack/Saulsburys, there is another spare rig that is old rescue 5 which is a HME / Saulsbury

MembersZone Subscriber

If, and I stress "if", Pierce was building a rescue for FDNY and the order was placed at the end of 2004, don't you think they would have it by now?

Wouldn't someone know of the prospective delivery date?

Wouldn't Pierce let it be known far and wide they were building a rig for FDNY?

Until it shows up and and it has shop number PRXXXX don't believe it.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

MembersZone Subscriber

Not sure why they would keep it a huge secret if they were building it, but the only thing I could think of as to why we wouldn't be seeing it yet is if they were going to unveil it at FDIC.

Forum Member

That truck may be one of several Pierces that Homeland Insecurity is giving to large cities. My understanding is that FDNY had no input into this truck. So I wouldn't read anything into FDNY getting a Pierce. Again, not their choice.

Forum Member

I doubt FDNY would accept anything they had to pay for either with their own money or through a grant without any input. Why waste free money? Now is the time to ask for everything and anything becasue it doesn't cost the city anything. My guess is they had plenty of input.

How about some of the guys from FDNY who post here on a regular basis. Any input?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by emtcsmith
    It looks like Ferrara did a great job building a new hazmat for FDNY, H-2915 Ferrara custom chassis, stainless steel walk-in rescue body !This unit can be seen on there web site under new deliveries .

Forum Member

Default Rescue 1 by Pierce...

I was over at Rescue 1 this past weekend(March 17th) to visit. I asked one of the guys about a rumor of a new rig. I was told that it's true that a new rescue is being built by Pierce and probably will be delievered sometime during the summer months. He was unaware of it making any stops at FDIC Indianapolis or anything like that.

MembersZone Subscriber

The company had input on the rig and it is being built, unknown delivery date, hopefully it will spend more time in the firehouse than the e-one rescues do.

Forum Member

Default new rescue 1

Well itís confirmedÖ. I was searching the internet today and found pictures of the new Rescue 1 being built. Check this link, its for Firematic Supply the long island Pierce dealer who sold the unit. www.firematic.com . Looks pretty good, canít wait to see how it holds up. Thereís nothing about delivery time but it looks close.

Temporarily Inactive

Default fdny & pierce

Quote Originally Posted by PumpGuy
    That truck may be one of several Pierces that Homeland Insecurity is giving to large cities. My understanding is that FDNY had no input into this truck. So I wouldn't read anything into FDNY getting a Pierce. Again, not their choice.
    Evidently the Pierce Arrow xt was what satisfied the FDNY when they chose from whatever available options were on the Homeland Security list. Even so the Pierce dealership has mentioned numerous modifications to this Arrow XT to satisfy FDNY requirements. The price is a staggering $ 729,000 if memory serves correct!

MembersZone Subscriber

Your memory is correct owl.

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jfTL41
    Your memory is correct owl.
    I think that the old E-ONE Rescue cost more 5 years ago , about $ 900,000 ?

Temporarily Inactive

Default rescues...expensive aren't they?

[QUOTE=NewJerseyFFII]I think that the old E-ONE Rescue cost more 5 years ago , about $ 900,000 ?[/QUOTE

We have here in the "rust belt" an E-1 Heavy Rescue that in 1997 was so well-liked by the Ocala works that it was put on their website under heavy rescues in the products section. It is a HUSH model. 39 feet long on a single rear axle and is lettered as Fire-Rescue-Hazmat and Command...which in fact it is outfitted as with desk and on-board computers etc of a mobile command center. The sticker price in 1997 was 450K usd BUT with a multi-vehicle discount-namely the Squad a/k/a rescue pumper ...38 feet long...]also discounted in 1997...the actual prices were 275k usd for the Rescue and 269k usd for the heavy squad=6 person minimum staffed rescue pumper....

If the E-I Rescue for FDNY WAS 900k usd then nyc should get their money back coz stories abound that that batch wasn't so hot but then neither was the previous batch on the HME chassies outfitted by Saulsbury.

Forum Member

I am not sure on the E-One rescue for the FDNY, maybe it was $ 750,000 after the big apparatus purchase because of 9/11 . ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Airbus international donated the current rig so any number reportedly paid by FDNY is pulled right out of someone's ***.

MembersZone Subscriber

Airbus international donated the current rig so any number reportedly paid by FDNY is pulled right out of someone's ***.
    Right, except they donated ONLY 1 truck (for rescue 1) keep in mind the other 4 rescue companies. But i have heard that the figure was in the $900k range also

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dano8696
    Right, except they donated ONLY 1 truck (for rescue 1) keep in mind the other 4 rescue companies. But i have heard that the figure was in the $900k range also
    Come on jfTL41 don't you know how many rescue companies their are in the FDNY? LMFAO!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Silly me!
    What was I thinking? Oh yeah, none of the 7 rescues purchased or donated post-9/11 cost $900K. And at least three of them were donated. Not one.

Forum Member

Post Rescue cost

I was told by a " EVT " from the E-One dealership in South Plainfield , N.J. about three years ago that a rescue apparatus for the F.D.N.Y. was in the range of 3/4 Mill !...

Forum Member

Thread Information