Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Help find this cop killer!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.uticaod.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../NEWS/60228008 please help catch this cop killer.
    Last edited by sfdtim11; 02-28-2006 at 06:49 PM.
    Stay Safe and live long

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Angry

sfdtim11,

For some reason that link didn't work. I drove past the scene of the crime and the "bailout" today during work. A very sad day in the area. Residents are in shock.

Police officer shot and killed
    Updated: 2/28/2006 3:54 PM
    By: News 10 Now Staff

www.news10now.com

Walter Richardson, suspected of shooting and killing Officer Joseph Carr. Police continue to search for Richardson.
    Police continue to search for the suspect they say shot and killed New Hartford police officer Joseph Corr. Corr was killed while trying to arrest a robbery suspect, identified as Walter Richardson.

Police believe Richardson is in the Philadelphia, PA area.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for the arrest and conviction of Richardson.

A second suspect, John Healy, was taken into custody last night. He's charged with second-degree murder for taking part in a crime that led to the death of a police officer.

John Healy, charged with second-degree murder for taking part in a crime that led to the death of a police officer.
    Officer Joseph Corr was 30-years-old. He's survived by his wife and infant daughter.

Anyone with information is urged to contact police at (315) 733-6666.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Unhappy Loss of a brother FF, too.

I just heard that Officer Corr was also a firefighter with the New Hartford Volunteer Fire Department.

Looks like the same person to me (see below it wouldn't allow both photos to be posted in the same post). RIP brother. God bless his family in this tough time.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Unhappy

From www.nhfd.com

1998 composite
    Last edited by NYSmokey; 02-28-2006 at 07:19 PM.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Default I apologize

I am sorry that I forgot to metion that he was one of our brothers.God Bless him and his family. I fixed my link also.
    Stay Safe and live long

Forum Member

Default Got him!!!

Last item on 10:00 news, Shot and possibly killed in Chester PA,breaking news.

Condolences to all three of the officer's families. (FF,LEO, and home)
    Last edited by ARH176; 02-28-2006 at 11:10 PM. Reason: more info

CNY Cop Killer Shot & Killed in Pa.
    Last Update: 3/1/2006 7:44:28 AM
    www.9wsyr.com

Town of Kirkland, Oneida County (WSYR-TV) - The manhunt for 36-year-old Walter Richardson is over. Police near Philadelphia, PA say Richardson was killed in a shootout with police and U.S. Marshals late Tuesday night.

Richardson was wanted for shooting and killing New Hartford Police Officer Joseph Corr following a robbery on Monday night. During Tuesday night's exchange, Richardson shot one of the Marshals, who was treated at the scene, and is doing well.

Officer Joseph Corr, 30, is survived by his daughter, wife, and parents.

Officer Joseph Corr, 30, was allegedly shot and killed by Richardson Monday night following a robbery at Lennonís W.B. Wilcox Jewelry Store on Commercial Drive in New Hartford. The robbery happened around 8:30 PM.
    Police say Richardson and another man, 46-year-old John Healy of New Hope, New Jersey, robbed the store, then fled in a car. Police have not ruled out that there are more suspects involved in the robbery.

Police chased the car to the Byrne Dairy on Route 5 in Kirkland, where the vehicle crashed into some gas pumps. At that point, Healy was taken into custody. He has been charged with second degree murder, and is in the Oneida County Jail.

Richardson, however, fled on foot. Officer Corr followed Richardson, and was allegedly shot by Richardson in the neck.

A tow truck operator located down the road from the Byrne Dairy says one of his tow truck drivers was carjacked at gunpoint shortly following the fatal shooting of Officer Coor. Police will not confirm that Richardson stole the truck, which was finally found later in the morning in Allentown, PA.

The driver of the tow truck is safe.

Police say Richardson and Healy are suspects in other robbery cases up and down the eastern seaboard, and had been pursued by the FBI.

Officer Corr is a six-year veteran of the New Hartford Police Department. He is survived by his wife, daughter, and parents. Corr's daughter turned one just a week ago.

Officer Corr is the first police officer killed in the line of duty in Oneida County since 1969 when two Sherill officers were killed.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Thank you all for viewing. Stay safe.
    Stay Safe and live long

MembersZone Subscriber Halligan84's Avatar

Chester PA Police did the job on him this morning. No trial and no extradition necessary.

http://www.nbc10.com

A New York State Trooper lost his life today after responding to a bank robbery. Condolences to his family.

Trooper killed in shooting has been identified
    Updated: 3/1/2006 9:43 PM
    By: News 10 Now Staff

Police continue to investigate the deadly shooting of a New York State Trooper. Family has identified the fallen trooper as Andrew Sperr. He was killed when he responded to a bank robbery in Big Flats, just west of Elmira.

Investigators say the Chemung Canal Trust Company bank in Big Flats was held up. The suspects fled in an automobile. When Sperr stopped the vehicle, gunfire was exchanged. Sperr wounded at least three people from the car despite sustaining gunshot wounds that proved to be fatal.

Police later apprehended the three suspects wounded in the attack. Authorities are looking for a 1997 green Ford Taurus, New York state license plate number DKF 4390.

Sperr was the youngest of 11 children.

It's the second shooting of a law enforcement officer in Upstate New York in two days. A New Hartford police officer died Monday night after being shot by a robbery suspect who was later shot and killed by police outside Philadelphia.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

A Brotherhood mourns the loss of their own
    www.news10now.com

"Are you doing anything for traffic control tomorrow night?"

New Hartford Volunteer Fire Chief Bill Freiberger has a lot of work to do before Thursday night.

The Fire Department and the New Hartford Police Department are preparing their honor guard for one of their own; fallen hero and faithful member, Joseph Corr.

"We're lost," Freiberger said on Wednesday. "When you lose a brother firefighter, it affects everyone of us here. Because you come down here, you know who's going to be coming into the door, and you just don't see him. You just see a picture on the wall. You just stop and reminisce a little and ask the question, 'Did it really? Is this true? Did it really happen?'"

It did happen. And now the brotherhood must prepare itself for emotions they never anticipated.

A brotherhood is in mourning after one of their own was fatally shot Monday night. News 10 Now's Joleene Des Rosiers tells us, the brotherhood that surrounded him won't soon forget who he was.

"The intense grieving is one thing. The aftermath is when a lot of the hurt really hits. And I'm around long term. I'm the Chaplain of the fire department. I've been here before this happened, I'll be here after this happens," says Hoover.

Corr was a firefighter for the past 12 years, but his roots go much deeper than that. The New Hartford Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1901. Corr's great-grandfather was the departmentís very first chief.

"His grandfather, Dan Callan, was the previous president. He also served numerous years here before that. His great grandfather, Albert Godder, was the first fire chief in New Hartford," recalls Freiberger.

Add to that, David Corr, Josephís father. He's the current president of the departments Benevolent Association.

David Reynolds, the departmentís past chief, says with three generations behind him, Joseph Corr was able to bring it around one more time.

"He's a fourth generation member here, a long history of contributing to the community, and certainly through the New Hartford Fire Department. He's going to be sorely missed throughout the community," says Reynolds.

"We lost a person that you see, no matter if it's in the fire fighting field, or in the police field. You see him here in the community, and you can't bring them back," adds Freiberger.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

RIP Brother...
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Thread Information