1. #1
    makes good girls go bad
    BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ

    Question Break apart Elkhart Brass Nozzles

    I cannot, for the life of me, remember what these nozzles are called, the hare a Smoothbore tip, but comes with a fog tip. Melbourne Fire/EMS uses them, and they are pretty cool. I cant remember the name of them though. Anybody know??
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee


    Most commonly they are the Elkhart Chief combo nozzle 4000 series and the B-275GAT pistol grip shut off with the built in slug tip.

    How do I know? Both of the FD's I am on usues them.

    If you plan to buy any of the combo tips make sure you order the right one...they are all 4000 series, but there are additional model numbers added to that to determine the flow.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What a load! FE Nozzles and hose debate
    By imtxff44 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 12:38 PM
  2. AFFF or FFFP
    By Lallo in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2002, 08:34 PM
    By BOMBERODAVE in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-20-2000, 01:04 PM
  4. RFP's
    By D Littrell in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2000, 06:36 PM
  5. Low Pressure Break Apart Nozzles
    By BFD 210 in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-29-2000, 12:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register