Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Firefighter trying to break into NASCAR - Needs EVERYONE'S help!!!!

I am a police officer/firefighter in Kalamazoo, Michigan. In my off time, I pursue my passion of stock car racing, and have been trying to break into the higher levels of the sport for some time.

An exciting opportunity has presented itself, but I need YOUR help. A new television show is in the making, called “Racin’ for a Livin’”. At the end of the show, a driver will be selected to make his or her debut in NASCAR racing. Here’s how it works:

Fifty ‘rookie’ race drivers will be selected from the thousands of applications submitted via the show’s web site. The 50 are selected based on various criteria, including interest in the driver as expressed by visitors to the show’s web site, located at www.racinforalivin.com. The more people post to the show’s forum interested in a driver, the more likely he/she is to be accepted into the 50 ‘rookies’.

Once the 50 are selected, an online voting process begins. Only the 12 drivers with the most votes will be featured on the show. That’s where the fun really begins!

The 12 ‘rookies’ will compete both on and off the track, and the winner is determined through a process of elimination during the show, which will be an in-depth training and racing process, full of thrills!

Here’s how YOU can help a fellow firefighter: go to the show’s web site at www.racinforalivin.com, join the forum, and tell them that you want to see Dan Frazier (#96) on the show. My application is in; I’m just waiting to hear if I will be one of the 50 drivers selected for the voting process.

Should I be selected as one of the 50, I’ll REALLY need your help in order to make the show. I’ll need you to vote early and often. Get your friends involved too – the more votes, the better my chances are to be one of the 12 drivers who will be on the show.

If you’d like to learn a bit more about me, my web site is at www.frazierracing.com. Also, I distribute full-color autograph cards – if you would like one (or more), feel free to send a self addressed stamped 6 x 9 envelope (sorry, can’t afford all that postage on my salary – you know how it is!) to:

Dan Frazier
    220 Windsor Ln
    Portage, MI 49002

If you include names, I’ll be happy to personalize them.

Thanks in advance to all my fellow firefighters. BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!!

P.S. Since I’m posting this to as many forums as I can find, I won’t be able to check this one much, due to time constraints. If you have a question for me, go to www.racinforalivin.com, pull up my profile or one of my posts, and send me a private message. I get an alert every time a message is left, so I’ll be sure to get it!

Dan Frazier #96

yeah but are you a good driver??
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

Dickey,

You be the judge. In 1999, I began racing at several race tracks in Michigan and Indiana. I’ve won at least one race at every paved track I’ve raced at, won Rookie of the Year in 1999, and was named Sportsman of the Year in 1999, 2000, and 2002. The Sportsman award is given to the driver who displays the most sportsmanlike attitude to other teams and fans throughout the season. In 2004, I was awarded Most Popular Driver at Kalamazoo Speedway, one of the awards I am most proud of. Last year, I was named Michigan Racing Scene magazine’s “Favorite Limited Late Model Driver”. I’ve been lucky enough to race factory stocks, enduro cars, SCCA Street cars, modifieds, Limited Late and Super Late models, and have 9 feature wins, 3 poles, and 17 heat race wins.

yeah but are you a good driver??
    Did little Preston Fleitz have the best fish?
    Maybe, maybe not, but we sure showed that little girl who was boss!
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

Dan
    I went to the website and the voting page but it only shows the first 50. I could not find anything beyond that. Where are you!!

cheffie

Quote Originally Posted by E40FDNYL35
    Damn right you're kidding. 100K hillbillies a week watch NASCAR. It is the most watched spectator sport in the world. Or so I'm told.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Sorry, but it has been a few days since I have last posted. I have been very busy at work and with the folowing announcement. I hope this will answer some of your questions as well.

I am very pleased to make the following announcement:

A new television reality series is in the works. The name of the program is “Racin for a Livin”, and it works like this: Thousands of drivers submitted their applications for the show. Of those drivers, fifty ‘rookies’ will be selected to be part of an online voting process at www.racinforalivin.com beginning on March 28th. Starting on that date, fans can visit www.racinforalivin.com and cast votes for their favorite driver. Near the end of July, the voting process will close. The top twelve vote getters will be invited to compete against each other on the show for the coveted prize. The prize: a chance to drive in the NASCAR BUSCH Series in 2007.

I can’t begin to describe what an honor it was to be named as one of the top fifty just the other day. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Having been selected is a major accomplishment not only in my personal life, but my racing career as well. I have already begun to see where several things are going to change over the next several months in my life. Requests for autograph cards and media interviews are already being asked of me.

Never before have race fans been given the opportunity to help select NASCAR’s next big star. “Racin for a Livin” now gives them that opportunity. I plan to work hard to promote the “Racin for a Livin” program to as many race fans as I possibly can over the next few months so that their voice is heard. I would like to urge all of you to help spread the word by telling your friends to visit the “Racin for a Livin” web site.

I will really need your help when voting opens on March 28th, but you can help even before the voting begins. Go visit www.racinforalivin.com and check out the forum pages that are on the site. They have become very popular in a very short time. Feel free to leave posts of support as well as any questions that you may have about the show or myself. Some of the larger posts are under the following links.

http://www.racinforalivin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=111
    http://www.racinforalivin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=167

Dan Frazier #96
    www.frazierracing.com

Damn right you're kidding. 100K hillbillies a week watch NASCAR. It is the most watched spectator sport in the world. Or so I'm told.

I would think it would be soccer that is the most watched sport...
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY101TRUCK
    I was thinking the same thing. But what do I know, I live in the deep south and I dont get the whole NASCAR thing.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Talking

what? Are you guys commies or what?

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY101TRUCK
    Don't watch soccer either. Like NASCAR, the first ten minutes (laps) of a soccer game are interesting and the last ten minutes (laps) are exciting.

The rest is a good excuse to hang out and drink heavily.

I believe motorsports in general is the most watched sport in the world.

Forum Member

Soccer is a very popular sport, but word wide I think that racing is the most popular sport. Michael Schumacher, a Formula 1 driver is the highest paid athlete in the world.

Voting for the show begins on March 28. That is when I will need the support of my Firefighter Brothers and Sisters at www.racinforalivin.com

If you would like to read a very interesting press release, click on the link below.

http://www.catchfence.com/bgnpress/031106.html

Thank you,

Dan Frazier #96
    www.frazierracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by DanFrazier96
    Dan Frazier #96
    www.frazierracing.com
    Good luck Dan.

Yes, good luck!

This reminds me of a joke...

A man is standing beside a priest as a boxing match is about to begin. One of the fighters makes the sign of the cross before coming to center ring.

"Will that help him, Father?" the spectator asks.

"Not if he can't fight," answers the priest.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Scfire86 & EastKyFF,

Thanks for your support, and funny joke EastKyFF.

Dan Frazier #96

Forum Member

Hey everyone,

I just got back from Bristol. It was cold and snowing there all weekend. The racing was good though and I had a great time.

Voting for the Racin' for a Livin' TV show started today. I need you support to get on the show. You can vote from now until the end of July at www.racinforalivin.com I am also the only US Army Airborne Veteran, who now works as a Police Officer and Firefighter in a combined Department.

I will be chatting with anyone who has a question on www.dirttracktrader.com on Thursday night at 9pm Eastern time.

Thank you in advance for your votes,

Dan Frazier #96
    www.frazierracing.com

Forum Member

Just voted for you although your picture is not as nice as some of the other eye candy Good Luck

Thread Information