Thread: As I Drove Past

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default As I Drove Past

The White House the other day, this thought crossed my mind:

San Francisco Leaders: Impeach Bush, Cheney

POSTED: 9:44 pm EST March 1, 2006
    UPDATED: 9:45 pm EST March 1, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

SAN FRANCISCO -- City supervisors in San Francisco have weighed-in on national politics again.

They want their Democratic congressional delegation to pursue the impeachment of President George W. Bush. They said he's mishandled the war in Iraq and cut civil liberties.

"I think the case is clear," said City Supervisor Chris Daly, who sponsored the measure.

The board voted 7-3 Tuesday night in favor of the resolution, which also calls for the impeachment of Vice President Dick Cheney.

San Francisco is already under renewed fire from conservatives, after a city supervisor recently said on Fox News that the U.S. doesn't need a military.

One supervisor who voted against the latest resolution said she doesn't think they should be calling for the impeachment of Bush and Cheney -- "as much as we may not like them."

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

So they would like Condi Rice as President? Those SanFran dems better watch what they ask for or they won't control the Executive Branch for another 20 years.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

San Francisco Chronicle

EDITORIAL
    No defense for Sandoval

Monday, February 20, 2006

THE CABLE news talk shows are not for the fainthearted, especially for left-thinking guests on the network that likes to call itself "fair and balanced." These shows have no time for nuance, put a premium on rapid-fire wit and tend to make sport out of guests willing to subject themselves to caricature.

The best that could be said for San Francisco Supervisor Gerardo Sandoval was that he was caught off guard when asked on the Fox News show "Hannity & Colmes" last week whether the United States needed a military. He not only lunged into the trap, he bungled every conceivable opportunity to escape.

He offered a half dozen variations of his patently absurd sound bite: "The United States should not have a military. Absolutely."

Considering his repeated rejection of escape hatches offered by the hosts, it's a little ridiculous for Sandoval now to blame their "rude and rabid" interviewing style for leading him into the mess.

Rule No. 1 for a cable news guest: Know what you're getting into. Check out the show beforehand. Rule No. 2: If the host keeps asking, "Are you kidding me?" -- assume your words are being misunderstood or mocked. Adjust course!

Sandoval not only wasn't speaking for San Franciscans on national TV last week, as he tried to claim, he wasn't even doing a very good job of representing his own dreamy views.

Forum Member

Yeah, and there is a reason to visit San Franisco why?

Never had a desire to go there before, and damned sure don't have a desire to go there now.

Can't believe the stupidity that places like San Francisco, Berkeley, Amherst & Cambridge, MA pass.

About as bright as the town that passed a law making it illegal to detonate and atomic weapon inside town limits.

Ya just hafta wonder sometimes......
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Actually, Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert and Senate President pro tem Ted Stevens are ahead of Condi.

Thread Information