Forum Member

Default OS with Heavy Fire, and Gunfire?

Ammunition explodes in house fire

(Bozrah-WTNH, Mar. 2, 2006 Updated 4:21 PM ) _ Firefighters got more than they bargained battling a house fire in Bozrah. Along with the flames crews had to deal with multiple explosions.

by News Channel 8's Tina Detelj
    Piles of guns and ammunition now lay behind the burned out home. Earlier in the morning the potential danger had kept firefighters at bay.

"Approximately ten minutes after we arrived the ammunition started going off," Chief Tom Main said. "So we had to pull our firefighters out of the building and go into a defensive exterior attack until the fire got knocked down enough so we could keep the ammunition cool before we could reenter the building."

When they reentered the South Road home Chief Main says they found as many as four hundred guns throughout the house. More than two hundred in one room alone.

"They're still finding piles of ammunition and guns throughout the building," Chief Main said. "He didn't have them stored in one area."

The chief says the owner of the house, who is now living in a nursing home, was a gun collector and dealer. His son Christopher Job lived here up until now.

"I don't want to talk about really that much," Job said. "All I can say is start all over. That's all I can do."

Job warned firefighters about the apparent danger and the chief says that is what kept them safe, but is what also lead to the total destruction of the two story home.

"Because we couldn't go into the house to make an interior attack thew windows of the house broke out and the fire spread inside," says Chief Main.

A plastic bucket full of ashes cleaned out from a wood stove last night is said to have started the fire. It had been left on the front porch and now not much else is left of this home.

"Things turn around so quick it's ridiculous," says Job.

Job is now left with the task of securing these guns along with the burden of starting over.

----------------

atleast everybody is safe
    "Let no man's ghost come back to say my training let me down."

Forum Member

A plastic bucket full of ashes cleaned out from a wood stove last night is said to have started the fire. It had been left on the front porch

Here's your sign.

I've seen worse (ashes in a cardboard box...left in the basement)...still.

MembersZone Subscriber

rounds cooking off in a structure fire, thats at just about every fire we make down here!!

its like a big firecracker, with no compression, its not a bullet, its just shrapnel.

Forum Member

its like a big firecracker, with no compression, its not a bullet, its just shrapnel

Somehow I'm not trusting the wingnuts who thought it would be a good idea to put ashes in a plastic bucket to have managed to keep all four hundred guns without a round in the chamber.

I agree with you on just a box of ammo. And sure there could always be the odd handgun in a normal structure fire.

But I'm gonna kind of defer to the guys in Bozrah on scene to say this was more than normal level of firing

Forum Member

From one of their local newspapers:

http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=3dc...e-4abbdd36a84e

Thread Information