Thread: Help

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Help

Were looking to apply for grants this year and were looking to get gear, airpacks, compressor, rit equipment what NFPA #'s should i refer tooo email response tooo

dkosir@comcast.net

thanks brothers/sisters!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

If you go to www.nfpa.org and hit the codes and standards link you can read all of the titles, and then you can preview the codes in a java application. That way you can't print or screen capture. They want their money.

The ones you want are: NFPA 1971, 1981, 1982, 1989, 1720.

As a matter of fact, those are commited to memory, I've been using them for the past few weeks on a daily basis. Nerds.

Brian

Forum Member

Correct me if I'm wrong BC, but you might want to narrow down what you are asking for.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I was in a rush so I only answered the question as asked but you are correct narrowing it down would probably make it more competitive, but that depends on the departmental assessment. While they are 2-3 different projects, they are closely tied. If the need is determined to be great enough, then it can be asked for successfully.

The 2-3 project thing depends on what RIT equipment. If it's a RIT SCBA, then it's in the same project line as the compressor & SCBAs. The PPE is by itself always. Some departments aren't going to be able to explain the larger request. I have a few that I "allowed" to do that because I determined they had the supportable need. I say "allowed" because it's not my department, not my application. So I give advice, and it is their choice to listen or have me do what I can with what they want to ask for. The rest of the apps I've tightened up to be the major need and that's it. Better to get some dough than none.
    Last edited by BC79er; 03-04-2006 at 11:24 PM.

Thread Information