Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Outfitting a Chiefs Vehicle

2006 Dodge Durango

Looking for Lighting packages anyone have any photos of one in your department equipped and in service.

Thanks,

Forum Member

8 corner strobes (2 60 or 2 90 watt packs), liberty LED light bar, 4 tir-3's in the grille, 2 amber/2 red tir-3s on the rear, arrow stick inside the window (with proper reflector guides so it doesnt annoy the driver), and you are done... professional installation highly reccomended....

Forum Member

Default Re: Quote

Quote Originally Posted by chiefeng7
    8 corner strobes (2 60 or 2 90 watt packs), liberty LED light bar, 4 tir-3's in the grille, 2 amber/2 red tir-3s on the rear, arrow stick inside the window (with proper reflector guides so it doesnt annoy the driver), and you are done... professional installation highly reccomended....
    Chief,
    I am not sure if your truck has been completed yet but if you would like a quote I would more than happy to give you a price and see my company could help you out. I am the Sales Manager for a company called J-Tech Emergency Lighting in Pennsylvania(between Philadelphia and Harrisburg).
    Let me know,

Jason

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFFLAMETAMER
    2006 Dodge Durango

Looking for Lighting packages anyone have any photos of one in your department equipped and in service.

Thanks,
    No pictures but some advice.

Set your budget first.
    Pick you light brand of choice and call the local sales person
    Tell him you want an NFPA Compliant package at that price.

And have them install it.

Good Luck

PS: Invest in a cage. To keep all your crap in the back when that jerk pulls out in front of you.

I like the cage, very good idea. As for the NFPA compliant lighting, as far as I know there is no NFPA standard for chiefs vehicles (none of the NFPA folks sell them yet ). Look around check with police agencies in your area and their trade magazines for ideas, they go thru vehicles alot more than fire depts do and many are very well versed in what is out in the market.

Forum Member

Default Outfitting Chief's vehicle

If you're located anywhere in the area between Baltimore and New York (or anywhere else, for that matter), Havis-Shields, Inc. has a shop at their factory in Warminster, Pa. where they make a pretty big business of doing all of that kind of stuff. They're not cheap, but they're good at it.

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jfTL41
    I like the cage, very good idea. As for the NFPA compliant lighting, as far as I know there is no NFPA standard for chiefs vehicles (none of the NFPA folks sell them yet ). Look around check with police agencies in your area and their trade magazines for ideas, they go thru vehicles alot more than fire depts do and many are very well versed in what is out in the market.
    Chiefs cars, are emergencey vehicles, dont they fall under the 1901 for small vehicles less then 25ft? I think so, Im at home and getting late so my memorey may be off.

have to check into it.

1901 defines a fire apparatus as

"A vehicle designed to be used under emergency conditions to transport personnel and equipment, and to support the suppression of fires and mitigation of other hazardous situations."

then we have to group it ino chapter 10 Special Service Fire Apparatus. and you bet that has a waning device standard.

that takes you to 13 low voltage systems 13.8 warning lights.

Come on do you really think the wouldent regulate this one small area. Im just speaking of course of department owned equiptment. no someones f 150 with the kojak on the roof.

correct me if im wrong would have saved us a lot of monet on lights. could have put the gum ball back on the roof and been done with it.
    Last edited by sdors122; 06-14-2006 at 11:24 PM.

Thread Information