Forum Member

Default Dealership changed manufacturers

I wanted to see if anyone has had any similiar experience...We ordered a new truck after received a AFG grant last year. The truck was scheduled to deliver the second week of July. However, the dealer dropped the manufacturer that we ordered from but still planned on taking care of us through delivery. Now I was just notified that the manufacturer will not allow them to make the delivery and that we will have to go through their new dealership (which used to be a dealer for another manufacturer as well).

The problem is (besides this all being very confusing), we have not been contacted by the "new" dealers nor have we been contacted by the manufacturer. The only person that has contacted us at all has been the sales rep. from the dealer that we initially ordered the truck from. He has not been able to tell us if the chassis has been delivered or any status at all on the truck. We're getting quite frustrated to say the least!

I just wanted to see if anyone else has been through this and what they did and how it worked out if so.

Forum Member

Content deleted by author.
    Last edited by Firefighter807; 07-08-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter807
    Should have bought a Pierce!
    we're not going to turn this into the usual "my brand's better than your brand" thread are we? PLEASE!!!

Forum Member

Given the cost of a new fire truck, I would be on the phone with the builder to find out the story. It sounds the dealer you ordered with is maintaining a good relationship with you, but it may be out of his hands.

Forum Member

If the "new" dealer is going to deliever the truck chances are they are getting paid to do so. Since you are going to be his "new" customer it seems that they would want to talk to you.

Maybe there is some mix-up in communications somewhere. If you know the new dealer's phone number I would call and ask to speak to someone about your truck. If they are any good you should be able to get some answers.

Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'd be on the phone with the manufacturer IMMEDIATELY!!!! I can't imagine having a project of that size (and dollar amount) happening in my dept. and not having a grip on EXACTLY where the project is at and how it is proceeding. Demand answers.....you should know exactly what is going on w/your truck at all times.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default "my brand's better than your brand"

Quote Originally Posted by DellroyVFD08
    we're not going to turn this into the usual "my brand's better than your brand" thread are we? PLEASE!!!
    I'm not, your not, and others won't. From some did you expect anything less?

MembersZone Subscriber

DellroyVFD08

If manufacturer was scheduled to deliver the vehicle on time to the old dealer I don't see where a "new dealer" coming into the picture at even this late date would have an effect on a delivery date. If your original dealer is not a rep of the manufacturer any longer you can bet the manufacturer isn't going to hand over a new vehicle to him. I would contact the manufacturer and find out who to contact at the new dealership, and give him a call. If he's a decent dealer he's sure to be interested in getting your new apparatus to you in a timely manner as all dealers should be.

Sta22BeaverCoPA
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm guessing where you're from - Ohio. My understanding is the sales rep you dealt with or some of them that did leave to sell another line have jumped ship and have gone with the new dealer for the truck line you are purchasing.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Okay, it finally has come down to this for me:

1) You are trying to convince YOURSELF that what YOU bought is the best. (and by the number of times you have to continually repsot this drivel you seem to be losing the battle)

2) You are a salesperson or another type of Pierce employee and are doing nothing but propaganda work for them.

3) They hired you as a kind of cyber sandwich board advertisement and are paying you for everytime you say the word Pierce in a post.

No matter, the reality is you have destroyed any credibility YOU have when it comes to discussing trucks on the forums. You are brain washed and therefore couldn't see the other side of the discussion if you tried.

Wait I forgot the last possibility:

4) You are an explorer who only knows that your FD has Pierce so you think it must be the best.

FyredUp

Forum Member

DellroyVFD08...

You didn't happen to buy a Toyne did you?

FyredUp

Forum Member

Dellroy,It's YOUR truck and YOUR grant.Call the mfg and ask them the pertinent questions:They should be in constant contact with SOMEONE at your FD and if they're not then you should "hound"them until your questions are answered to YOUR satisfaction.Along with delivery schedule,dealer support and training.Remember:The squeaky wheel gets the grease and I'm pretty good at squeaking. T.C.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 03-08-2006 at 08:18 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101
    Dellroy,It's YOUR truck and YOUR grant.Call the mfg and ask them the pertinent questions:They should be in constant contact with SOMEONE at your FD and if they not then you should "hound"them until your questions are answered to YOUR satisfaction.Along with delivery schedule,dealer support and training.Remember:The squeaky wheel gets the grease and I'm pretty good at squeaking. T.C.
    I'm spearheading the whole thing, but my chief is pretty irritated to say the least. He's calling the manufacturer today to see what he can find out and we'll go from there. I'm been sqeaking pretty loudly with the sales rep until this week when we found out that the's not able to contact the plant anymore to get information on the truck. hopefully we get some satisfaction pretty soon.

MembersZone Subscriber

this Dellroy?

http://dewine.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=244915
    good job on your grant
    hope you got the truck straightened out

Forum Member

Or was it E-One?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

FyredUp

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp
    Or was it E-One?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

FyredUp

Nope...not E-One either.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nope...not E-One either.
    how about HME?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pfd3501
    how about HME?
    nope...(this could take awhile! LOL There are a lot of manufacturers out there) I'd rather not say until we find out what's going on.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nope...not E-One either.

Maybe Rosenbuer/General/Centralfire

Forum Member

I guess Pierce's hometown of Appleton disagrees with you.

Put the cool aide down and step away from the cup!!!
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default i'm a dealer

I wanted to see if anyone has had any similiar experience...We ordered a new truck after received a AFG grant last year. The truck was scheduled to deliver the second week of July. However, the dealer dropped the manufacturer that we ordered from but still planned on taking care of us through delivery. Now I was just notified that the manufacturer will not allow them to make the delivery and that we will have to go through their new dealership (which used to be a dealer for another manufacturer as well).

The problem is (besides this all being very confusing), we have not been contacted by the "new" dealers nor have we been contacted by the manufacturer. The only person that has contacted us at all has been the sales rep. from the dealer that we initially ordered the truck from. He has not been able to tell us if the chassis has been delivered or any status at all on the truck. We're getting quite frustrated to say the least!

I just wanted to see if anyone else has been through this and what they did and how it worked out if so.
    i'm a dealer here in wi and have bought equipment for my department several times, in the world of sales things change. you need to contact the mfg via written letter explaining your concerns, if you do not get a reply, write agsin via certified mail and explain that if they do not reply to your concerns you will be contacting you attorney to take action and you will also contact the grant provider, this should be your last resolve but it may be need to happen. no matter what mfg you buy from this could happen, for the idiots speeking on behalf of pierce, this could also happen to you, thier dealers ar independent from the company and could loose their dealership too. stick with it and youl get through it, remember your department still has to sign off on the truck, the ball is in your court if they want to get paid for the truck, believe me they do. good luck

Thread Information