Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Thermal Imager-2006 AFG

Read through the PG very quickly. Looked in the Equipment section for details on TIC's. Did not see anything. Did I miss it? What are the rules for TIC's in 2006AFG? What is the cost limit for a TIC? Has anyone had prior success that they may want to share?

MembersZone Subscriber

In 2005 this was the limit set for TIC's:

Thermal imaging cameras are eligible, but the number of cameras that can be purchased with grant funds will be based on the size of the population served by the department applying for assistance. Departments that serve communities of less than 20,000 people can purchase one thermal imaging camera with grant funds if awarded a grant; departments serving communities between 20,000 and 50,000 can purchase two cameras with grant funds if awarded a grant; and departments serving communities of
    more than 50,000 people can purchase three cameras with grant funds if awarded a grant.
    For 2006 this has been eliminated with no limits (addressed in PPT & workshop). This does not mean that departments will be able to apply for TIC's for all of their apparatus. If it's excessive they will cut it.

The other issue is training. If you are applying for a TIC you need to show that training is going to be included or already done. The training rule applies to all equipment and vehicles. If no frormal training has been done, it needs to be addressed, stated as completed or is included as part of your training program.

As for a $$$ limit, I believe the unoffiacial bench mark is $10,000. Do not forget to include an extra battery and a vehicle charger. TIC's have been awarded in the past.

If you go the Brian's website http://www.firegraphics.org/ you will find grant narratives for TIC's.
    Last edited by onebugle; 03-06-2006 at 02:30 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber evfd3100's Avatar

I know in my FY 2005 grant they cut us at $10,000 for our TIC. I asked for $10,400. The extra $400 was for truck charger, spare battery, etc. I had it packaged in with a new SCBA setup.
    Assistant Chief
    Elberta Volunteer Fire Department
    http://www.elbertafire.com

"Find a purpose in life so big, it will challenge every capacity to be at your best."

Quote Originally Posted by evfd3100
    I know in my FY 2005 grant they cut us at $10,000 for our TIC. I asked for $10,400. The extra $400 was for truck charger, spare battery, etc. I had it packaged in with a new SCBA setup.
    Am looking at doing the same thing (new SCBAs/compressor plus TIC). Any suggestions that you can throw my way??????
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

MembersZone Subscriber

Same, here we were allowed $10,000 for TIC in the '05 Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    In 2005 this was the limit set for TIC's:

For 2006 this has been eliminated with no limits (addressed in PPT & workshop). This does not mean that departments will be able to apply for TIC's for all of their apparatus. If it's excessive they will cut it.

The other issue is training. If you are applying for a TIC you need to show that training is going to be included or already done. The training rule applies to all equipment and vehicles. If no frormal training has been done, it needs to be addressed, stated as completed or is included as part of your training program.

As for a $$$ limit, I believe the unoffiacial bench mark is $10,000. Do not forget to include an extra battery and a vehicle charger. TIC's have been awarded in the past.

If you go the Brian's website http://www.firegraphics.org/ you will find grant narratives for TIC's.
    Just revisiting this topic. Has anyone been sucessful in receiving multiple TIC's? If so, how many and did you do it as a stand alone project or did you tie it in with other basic tools or equipment?

MembersZone Subscriber

We were awarded $10,000 for a TIC in 2006 along with turnout gear and hose, and we were awarded $10,000 for a TIC in 2008 along with RIT equipment.

Thanks for the info chief!

Anyone with multiple cameras in the same year?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Hanover, PA--The snack food capitol of the world!

Default Here!

We were awarded 2 TICs this year. We asked for 3. We are required by county standards to have 1 each for our truck and rescue companies. They will be replacements for 10 year old units that we currently have.

Phil Goldsmith
    Pikesville VFC
    Pikesville, MD

MembersZone Subscriber

Providence, RI was awarded funding for 11 TIC's.

Thread Information