Forum Member

Default Question for the GURUS

First of all, Thank-you Brian for the e-mail reply regarding the AFG-Kentucky contact. I am wondering if Brian, Kurt & Alana can answer a fire grant idea. The '06 PG says they will NOT fund cell phones, but what about satellite phones. Last fall I responded for a Texas EMAC request along with 20+ other Kentucky ambulance crews to Ford park, Beaumont Texas after hurricane Rita. We assisted ems in a 4 county area pulling emergency response alongside local ems crews and transports to Houston. We had comm. for about 20sq. miles but alot of area without comm. This idea is not for regional at this point. Thanks in advance for any help. G. PENNING-EMT proud member of the Kentucky Cavalry 2005. ps-Brian, If I get the chance to come back to Texas again to lend a hand, I will try to look you up. cecilturtleemt377

MembersZone Subscriber

Individual communications equipment (portable radios) and mobile communications equipment (including mobile repeaters) are eligible but telephones, cell phones, and satellite phones are not eligible.
    2006 PG - Page 19 - Paragraph 3 - First Line

Sorry. It's a great idea, just can't fund it from AFG.

Edit to add - I am by no means a GURU like Kurt, Brian, Alana and some others here. I just remembered reading that in the PG over the weekend working on our grant.
    Last edited by N2DFire; 03-07-2006 at 11:02 AM.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Certainly give me a shout if y'all ever come back. Hopefully not for the same reason of course. Someone needs to give Mother Nature a 'Mother's Little Helper'. Rolling Stones song for those not old enough.

Anywho, any communications device that has a monthly contract is ineligible, minus devices solely providing wireless Internet access. Blackberries, Nextels, and all of the above that N2DFire pointed out from the PG are ineligible. Hopefully not too many people listened/watched a recent multimedia presentation from a national organization advocating changing the names of devices to make them sound like something else in order to attempt to sneak them past the application. Unless of course someone thinks they look good in an orange jumpsuits. Personally I don't think it's my color.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info N2DFire and you also Brian.

Thread Information