Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Rockford Fire Department-Death Announcement

Firefighter Tyler Kinison

Updated On: Mar 08, 2006 (06:03:00)

Sisters and Brothers,

On Sunday night March 5th we lost Brother Tyler Kinison.

Visitation: 4p.m. to 8p.m. Thursday March 9th at Honquest Funeral Home. A walk through for fire fighters will begin at 7:00 pm. Please be there by 6:45. Class A uniforms or long sleeve shirts with ties, no job shirts or golf shirts.

Service: 10 a.m. Friday at Honquest Funeral Home.

Friends and Family will gather at the Venetian Club after the service on Friday.

The Local is requesting any members attending either the visitation or the service to wear our dress uniforms.

Fraternally,

E.J. Dilonardo

Tyler was hired by the Rockford Fire Department in 2001. Before that he served for 10 years with the Harlem-Roscoe F.P.D. Tyler was a FF/Provisional-P with our department and also instructed many firefighting and extrication classes outside of the department.

He was a great individual and firefighter that was respected and looked up to by the entire department and Rockford area firefighting community. Tyler was as knowledgeable as any firefighter that I have ever met. The loss hits home because we were sworn in together, he sat next to me in paramedic class, and was a friend. It is hard to believe that this really happened and probably will not be realized until tomorrow night at the wake.

Tyler leaves behind a wife (Tammy). Tyler was not vested yet in our pension system, so his wife will receive very little compensation for his death. His death benefit from the fire department, union, and relief assocation will barely cover the funeral costs.

One of the reasons Tyler was so well-liked is that he was a very simple person. He did not need a fancy car, a big house, or elaborate things but he really cherished important things in his life like his wife and family. Tyler did not work a side job and his wife was only working part time, so his untimely death is going to put a huge burden on her financial situation. Any assistance will be appreciated for our brother's family in need. We are asking each member of our department to donate at least $20 from one paycheck to help cover her expenses.

Contributions may be sent to:
    Tyler Kinison Fund
    Local 413
    108 S. 2nd St.
    Rockford, IL 61104

Thank you for your support, thoughts, and prayers!

Forum Member

On behalf of myself and the Ohio Volunteer Fire Department I would like to extend my sincerest condolences to you the Rockford Fire Department and Tyler's family. May our brother Rest in Peace. Stay strong and stay safe.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Clover Twp Fire Dept. wishes to extend our condolences to the family, fire department and friends of Lt. Tyler Kinison.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

This is by far too many deaths in the fire service here in the Rockford area this month. Let's hope it stops here for a good long time. LODD or not, it doesn't make things any easier.

I know a bunch of us from North Park will be at the walk through tomorrow evening to pay our respects. I didn't know Tyler well, but he was very close to a number a guys on our department. My heart goes out to his wife, his family, and everyone close to him.

Obviously the Rockford Fire family is bigger than the North Park family, but if there's something you need Nick, let me know. I'll do my best to help.
    Last edited by npfd801; 03-08-2006 at 09:43 PM.

Forum Member

Joel, I am on duty tomorrow night and our Chief is not going to let on-duty personnel attend during the wake unless they have a time-trade in place. I made arrangements this evening to have one from 4:00-6:00. This is when the rest of our 2001 Recruit Class is attending. The FF working for me is going to work for someone else from 6:00-8:00 for the walk-thru.

Thank you and we appreciate North Park's and the other F.D.'s support!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default RFD losss

We send our thoughts to our neighbor, the Rockford Fire Dept. There will be at least 4 of us attending the wake tonight at 4pm. Be safe brothers

Freeport FD
    Local #441

Forum Member

Thank you to all that attended the wake last evening. There were between 300-400 firefighters that participated in the walk thru. This is just another example of the honor and brotherhood experienced in our dear service.

Sincerely,

Nick Dinges

My thoughts and Prayers go out to the Family of Firefighter Kinison and the Rock Ford Fire Department.
    Lilyogi

Thread Information