I have been laid up with a nasty stomach bug so I have no involvement with this fire or the investigation but I am proud as can be for our guys.

Arson Suspected In Suburban Fire That Injures 2

COUNTRY CLUB HILLS (STNG) -- Fire officials Thursday morning were investigating whether arson caused a townhouse fire that critically injured one woman and also hospitalized a suburban firefighter.

The fire broke out on the first floor of the four-unit townhouse complex at 4143 192nd Place, in Country Club Hills, about 3:22 a.m., according to Glenn Mcauliff, a Country Club Hills firefighter.

The female victim, estimated to be about 30, was rescued from the burning home by Mcauliff and fellow Country Club Hills firefighter Carl Pycz, Mcauliff said.

The woman, who was taken in critical condition to St. James Hospital and Health Centers in Olympia Fields, had been unresponsive on a sofa in the living room when they found her, he said. She suffered from smoke inhalation, according to Mcauliff.

A Flossmoor firefighter, whose department was assisting with the effort, was treated and released from a local hospital after a piece of drywall landed on him, Mcauliff said.

Arson investigators, the state fire marshal and members of the Country Club Hills Fire Department were still on the scene at 7 a.m. looking into whether accelerants were used to ignite the blaze, Mcauliff said.

The flames spread to the second-floor unit of the complex and a total of three people, including the injured woman, were displaced as a result of the fire.