Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Question on regional Grant

Brian, Kurt, and Dixie:

We are looking at a Regionalized communications grant. I have a few questions:

1. When applying, do we use our department contact information (but just update the area's characteristics), or do we use the "regional name". (I think I know the answer...But thought I'd check)

2. My department would like to serve as the host agency. However, we are an EMS-Only department. Will this hurt our chances? Are we still bound to the 2% of the total rule? And can it be done for communications?

3. Should we be lucky enough to be awarded, how would we guarantee NIFIRS reports are done? (EMS Only in Ohio is only required to report to State EMS Div.)

For now I think that takes care of my questions....I appreciate you guys (and gal) for helping me out.

Thanks a million...

Andy Baillis
    Chief, Rittman EMS

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Andy,

1) yes, your department contact info if you're hosting, and the region's characteristics. If you go into the application you can pick Regional Project and then it will show you what needs to be on each page of the application.

2) If a Regional app involves FDs then you won't be subject to the 2% rule. Same when that when an FD hosts and an EMS is involved it doesn't take any money from the 2% pool. If it were all EMS agencies, then it will be.

3) EMS isn't required to report to NFIRS, so no problem with your end. The FDs involved will have to or they will violate their portion of the agreement and be subject to removal. As far as making them do it, I'm not sure. I usually threaten to sing or something and it works on most people. Being tone deaf has it's advantages sometimes.

I was just in East Liverpool last month. Did someone turn the heat up since then? It was 5 when I got up to head home. It was nice to be back where there's a season change. Down here it's been 70 all winter.

- Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the reply...That helps me out more than you can imagine... Now, I just have to be able to squeeze this out in between all the other things going on...

As for the weather...typical Northeast Ohio...today it's up at about 60...tomorrow they are calling for SNOW...uugghh! I can't complain too much...this year has been pretty good.

Thanks Again!!

Andy

FH Mag/.com Contributor

No problem mon.

Thread Information