MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nine killed in Tennesse house fire

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/11/house.fire/index.html

(CNN) -- A fire engulfed a two-story house in eastern Tennessee, killing nine people -- including four young children, as they slept, local officials said.

A 19-year-old man, who was on the first floor, escaped the blaze, according to the Evensville Fire Department. Evensville is about 45 miles north of Chattanooga.

The fire department responded shortly after 6 a.m. An investigation by Rhea County sheriff's deputies is under way to determine the cause of the fire.

According to the fire department, two of the children were a year old; the others were 4 and 6. The fire also claimed the lives of a 16-year-old boy and three women, ages 49, 23 and 22.
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

MembersZone Subscriber

I heard about this one and another fire that cost 5 lives lost.
    In both stories, there was no mention of a presence of smoke detectors or a lack of smoke detectors.
    A total of 14 lives lost in the two fires.
    I can only shake my head.
    Such tragic events.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    I heard about this one and another fire that cost 5 lives lost.
    In both stories, there was no mention of a presence of smoke detectors or a lack of smoke detectors.
    A total of 14 lives lost in the two fires.
    I can only shake my head.
    Such tragic events.
    CR
    We lost five locally here CR. There was a bit of a rant on the "other site" back in December about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

I watched the sole survivor get interviewed on the local news last night. Maybe he's still in shock, but he was picking up burnt pictures and pieces of the house during the interview and didn't seem upset at all.

It sucks, from the pictures, that house went up da** fast.

Early Adopter

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScott31
    I watched the sole survivor get interviewed on the local news last night. Maybe he's still in shock, but he was picking up burnt pictures and pieces of the house during the interview and didn't seem upset at all. It sucks, from the pictures, that house went up da** fast.
    When I eulogized my aunt, I started with a joke. That doesn't mean I was grieving any less. Don't judge how someone feels based on watching a news segment on television.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cozmosis
    When I eulogized my aunt, I started with a joke. That doesn't mean I was grieving any less. Don't judge how someone feels based on watching a news segment on television.
    I understand that one can express feelings differently or even celebrate a life as a joyous occasion during funerals. Give me a little more credit...

Early Adopter

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScott31
    I understand that one can express feelings differently or even celebrate a life as a joyous occasion during funerals. Give me a little more credit...
    People deal with loss in many ways at many times during the grieving process. You saw a person you don't know on a snippet of TV news and somehow thought you could determine his grief level. That's crazy. You get no credit from me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cozmosis
    People deal with loss in many ways at many times during the grieving process. You saw a person you don't know on a snippet of TV news and somehow thought you could determine his grief level. That's crazy. You get no credit from me.
    I was making an opinionated statement based on observation. Get over it.

Thread Information