Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Application Budget Question

On the part of the application that has to do with budget (and what percentage of your budget comes from each source) should we be reporting what was in the budget or what was actually received or spent?

For example, we don't put much in the budget for fundraising and donations, because we don't want to depend too heavily on something that can change a lot from year to year. But I would think we'd want to include those funds as part of our income on the application?

I guess the question is "average budgeted" or "average actual" ?

Thanks,

Andy

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Average actual. Fundraising has to be included.

What if the fund raising is conducted by that departments "Firefighters Association" and they use that money to purchase equipment and then essentially that equipment is donated to the district. How do you represent that?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Are they two EINs or 501c3's?

If so, then nothing needed since anyone can up and donate equipment. It is on the fuzzy line but not really any different than a citizens group doing the same. If they aren't, then their budget is your budget. If they give equipment, no report, if they give money, report regardless of the EIN thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Good topic

Another budget question--our 3 year average was about 39,000 last year, virtually unchanged this year. Except we got 60,000 in AFG for PPE. We spent about 45,000 of that in 2005. Assuming that we need to add the grant funding--is our new three year annual average 54,000 (counting only fed funds spent in 2005) or is it 59,000 (as if we had gotten it all spent in 2005)??

Would either number make all that big of a difference anyway? Which leads to a scoring question--is that 34% of budget from grant funding a help or hindrance on the computer scoring? (not that it matters--it's a fact!!)
    Thanks in advance!
    earl

FH Mag/.com Contributor

AFG Grant funds are not counted in your budget. Some areas the counties give 'grants' every year instead of calling it tax monies. Since AFG is a one time shot (hopefully more) it does not count as operating budget since it cannot be guaranteed to be back the next year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Brian. Now---i'm about to post a new topic on help finding my narrative...please fox that for me too!!
    earl

Thread Information