Thread: Facebook

Forum Member

I use facebook and I didn't want to but found it handy when I needed to find someone in one of my classes. I just logged on to add the firehouse group and thats the first time I have logged on since school ended. I will never join myspace. I despise myspace.

Forum Member

Firehouse should make a section for college students. That would be pretty sweet, help out finding depts around schools and whatever.

Forum Member

Myspace has too many distraught kiddies.

Facebook is a little bit better, I think, mainly because you can't get a profile unless you are in college (or high school, for that branch).

Though, no one has posted anything on my Facebook wall since May 5. So, yeah, it can get old.

But it can be a handy tool!

Edit: I just did a search for Firefighters USA, it turned up nothing. I think the searches don't work all that well. I didn't know there were so many groups already out there for FF and rescue.
    Last edited by GodSendRain; 07-31-2006 at 08:45 PM.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

MembersZone Subscriber

Last edited by firetruckred; 09-22-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Forum Member

My girlfriend wanted myspace and I told her there is no way in hell she was going to get it. I worked the last 2 years during my summer as a deputy sheriff, and I would never let anyone I care about use that site. Its an absolute predators playground. I understand not everyone posts all their info but there are way to many dirtbags who basically use that place as a catalog to find people they can victomize. I cannot stand myspace and if I had my way it would be gone. Even facebook, people post pics of thier dorm rooms with all their expensive stuff then they have where they live in their description. My two cents.

Thread Information