Thread: Facebook

Forum Member

Default Facebook

Anyone who is a member of FACEBOOK, the online directory for college students. Please search for the group Firefighter's USA. We are making a group for all firefighters in the country.

Forum Member

Groups only work for each individual school. Usually each school has at least one firefighter group.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

Are you sure the groups only work for the school. I thought if you searched for the group and asked to be invited it would work. If not I will probably just delete the group.

Forum Member

I think it is for each school too, but I'm not positive on any changes that have been made.
    9/11/01 D.C. Joseph "Uncle Joe" Marchbanks
    Battalion 12
    Heaven In Harlem

Tim
    CFD #143

Forum Member

You can only join groups for the school you are in. If you have a friend from another school you can see their groups and info on their groups, but you can't join the groups.
    In otherwords, you can not make a group that includes people from other schools.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emtbff927
    You can only join groups for the school you are in. If you have a friend from another school you can see their groups and info on their groups, but you can't join the groups.
    In otherwords, you can not make a group that includes people from other schools.

Thank you.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

god

not anymore...groups are global...someone make a firefighters group, thanks! i would myself but i don't think i could find enough people

Forum Member

Default Facebook..................

****ES THE HELL OUTTA ME!

That is all.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Damned double post.
    Last edited by KEEPBACK200FEET; 07-15-2006 at 03:12 AM.

Forum Member

Jake, facebook is GREAT if your in college. Otherwise, its pointless. It's very casual and informal and everyone here at my school uses it to add people that they met when they were wasted downtown earlier in the night. Thank God for Facebook, or I know that I wouldn't have kept in touch with some of the girls I've met. It's not just guys that do this either, its nothing to come home from a bar and have 3 friend requests from girls you met while you were there. Very, very handy tool.
    Last edited by KEEPBACK200FEET; 07-15-2006 at 03:19 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET
    It's not just guys that do this either, its nothing to come home from a bar and have 3 friend requests from girls you met while you were there.
    Most of which you have no idea you actually met!
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTMPTB15
    Most of which you have no idea you actually met!
    This, my brother, is what makes a bad day at ECU better than a good day at N.C. State!

Forum Member

This, my brother, is what makes a bad day at ECU better than a good day at N.C. State!
    Keep telling yourself that..!! Don't act like you didn't know ECU used to bring bus loads of students up to the Brent Road party.. well, before the cops tried to shut things down!

Forum Member

Keep telling yourself that..!! Don't act like you didn't know ECU used to bring bus loads of students up to the Brent Road party.. well, before the cops tried to shut things down!
    HAHA, nowadays people from all over come down to G-Vegas to party on Haloween, while the cops stand there in full riot gear with MP-5's and just watch!

MembersZone Subscriber

If groups are global now, I will make one. Dispatch is sucking tonight...I need something to do.

MembersZone Subscriber

Group created as a global group. Search for "The Firehouse".

Forum Member

HAHA, nowadays people from all over come down to G-Vegas to party on Haloween, while the cops stand there in full riot gear with MP-5's and just watch!
    We hold it down in Chapel Hell for Halloween, but I've heard of people heading to the great metropolis of Greenville for Halloween. Although, after talking to several CHFD members, I'll think twice about going there for Halloween.. way too much gang stuff going on lately. The news doesn't catch any of the stories because they go in, scoop up the patient, and then assess and treat away from the crowd.

Forum Member

We hold it down in Chapel Hell for Halloween, but I've heard of people heading to the great metropolis of Greenville for Halloween. Although, after talking to several CHFD members, I'll think twice about going there for Halloween.. way too much gang stuff going on lately. The news doesn't catch any of the stories because they go in, scoop up the patient, and then assess and treat away from the crowd.
    Yea, its a really bad area for gang violence, the amount of armed robbery's have been on the rise lately. Yea I have friends that go to UNC Chapel Hill, I hear things are pretty crazy up there too. Do you work for Chapel Hill? If so, I heard a rumor that a guy I know hasnt been long went to work up there as assistant Chief.

Forum Member

Do you work for Chapel Hill?
    Hahaha, you couldn't pay me enough to ride around in those awfully painted trucks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

AHHHH, I know!!! Id rather work for Durham I hear they have some pretty good fires.

Forum Member

AHHHH, I know!!! Id rather work for Durham I hear they have some pretty good fires.
    Durham burns the hell out of some stuff and everyone I've met is very traditional and cares about the Fire Service traditions, etc. The guys that I've talked to said it's very, very rare to go one cycle and not catch at least 1 good job. Only thing that sucks about Durham (besides the area..) is the pay. Increase the pay to equal Charlotte or other larger cities.. and I'm there!

Don't know if you've seen Durham's UNofficial site.. www.durhamfire.net it has some great info and pictures of jobs.
    Last edited by FTMPTB15; 07-16-2006 at 02:18 AM. Reason: website

Forum Member

Durham burns the hell out of some stuff and everyone I've met is very traditional and cares about the Fire Service traditions, etc. The guys that I've talked to said it's very, very rare to go one cycle and not catch at least 1 good job. Only thing that sucks about Durham (besides the area..) is the pay. Increase the pay to equal Charlotte or other larger cities.. and I'm there!

Don't know if you've seen Durham's UNofficial site.. www.durhamfire.net it has some great info and pictures of jobs.

I'm friends with a Captain up there and during a couple of his classes I've taken, he's show video of jobs that their ride along videoographer from Duke has shotten. Pretty good jobs most of them.

Forum Member

I'm friends with a Captain up there and during a couple of his classes I've taken, he's show video of jobs that their ride along videoographer from Duke has shotten. Pretty good jobs most of them.
    Who was the Capt? I've had classes with a couple of their captains/BCs (all top notch guys). I've seen some of their vids.. some funny, some for training purposes (like the one where they set up a Master Stream on an apt. fire and ended up spraying clear over the entire building... missing the whole thing, and never knew it! ), and some of just good working fires. I have a few videos/slide shows on their page, but I wish they'd get more...

Forum Member

facebook was cool (and addictive) like the first couple months i had it... now like 2 years later... i only check it when they send me a message saying that i have a new friend request or something... my friends and i used to be obsessed with facebook, checking it like constantly, but now we all just use myspace more.
    ~Jaime~
    You don't recover from a life like this...
    Keene State College class of 2008... Safety Studies
    KSC ASSE

KEENE STATE RUGBY! #8... I Shed Blood for my RUGGERS! www.kscwrfc.org

Forum Member

Same here, don't check it very much. But I don't go on myspace either. There is only so much you can do with those sites and most of the thrill is gone soon after making a profile.

I see that we do have something else in common though, we are both props. I play loose-head prop for the Manhattan College Jaspers. We just started up our team and we are entering union play this fall.
    9/11/01 D.C. Joseph "Uncle Joe" Marchbanks
    Battalion 12
    Heaven In Harlem

Tim
    CFD #143

Thread Information