Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Smile Zetron Alerting System

Can anyone send me files of what it sounds like of the 8 different tones inside the station please? beachguard13@hotmail.com Thanks alot if you could. Let me know if that email for some reason doesnt work by PM or by this thread. Thanks.

Talking

I don't have any .wav files of Zetron alert tones (my FD has the Zetron tone system and uses 5 tones... one for each station, the "all call" which alerts all 3 firehouses and one tone for mutual aid response to the mall, which straddles the Marlborough/Berlin city/town lline.

You might want to find a rerun of "emergency!"
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Maybe this will be what yer looking for. Down at the bottom there is a boatload of sound files that are Zetron tones.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkfd7505
    Maybe this will be what yer looking for. Down at the bottom there is a boatload of sound files that are Zetron tones.
    Nope... those are what it sounds like on the radio. Im looking for what it sounds like in the station and there are 8 different sounds according to the Zetron website. Here all the stations all have the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotTheHalligan
    Nope... those are what it sounds like on the radio. Im looking for what it sounds like in the station and there are 8 different sounds according to the Zetron website. Here all the stations all have the same one.
    Well, our tones come over the radio... so I can't see why they would be any different.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Quote Originally Posted by IGotTheHalligan

Yeah, we must use all 8 where I'm at and you're right, they do sound different. It was a very cool site, though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    Well, our tones come over the radio... so I can't see why they would be any different.
    Weird... here we have tones come over the radio which sounds different from the alert inside the station. each station has a different tone but the alert noise is the same in all of the stations. i want a audio file of what the 8 different alert sound options are inside of the station not what plays on the radio which trips the alert in the station.

do you hear the same tones as you do on a radio inside your station or does inside the station have a differnt alert??

Forum Member

bump.... anybody have these files?? or maybe just one of the sounds??

Thanks

Forum Member

If you have the Zetron in your station currently, just have the radio vendor come out and program the tones for everyone to hear.

It will take a bit of the radio guys time but you will be able to hear each sound.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AFD2181
    If you have the Zetron in your station currently, just have the radio vendor come out and program the tones for everyone to hear.

It will take a bit of the radio guys time but you will be able to hear each sound.
    ehh too bad we dont have the system.... good idea tho thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AFD2181

I highly doubt any Chief would pay the raio tech $50+ an hour for a service call so the brothers can listen to tones.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information