Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Saved....here we go again...a new TV series

Just saw a commercial for a new Paramedic/EMS TV Series on TNT premering in June.....details to follow.....
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

More on it.....

http://www.tnt.tv/title/?oid=2912

TNT, home to cable's #1 new original drama series The Closer, has given the green light to SAVED, an original series starring Tom Everett Scott (That Thing You Do, Boiler Room), according to an announcement today from Michael Wright, senior vice president of original programming for TNT and TBS. SAVED, which also stars Elizabeth Reaser (The Family Stone, Stay), comes to TNT from Fox 21 and Imagine Television, with David Manson (Nothing Sacred, Thief) and Imagine Television's David Nevins (Arrested Development) serving as executive producers. A pilot for SAVED was produced late last year. TNT has ordered 13 episodes of the series, with shooting to begin this spring for premiere on the drama network this summer.

SAVED tells the story of Wyatt Cole (Scott), a medical-school dropout and compulsive gambler who becomes a paramedic in Portland. The series follows him as he makes his way through the minefield that is his 24-hour shift and finds his only solace in the job's breakneck pace. Reaser plays Alice, Wyatt's former girlfriend who now works as a resident at the hospital. Other cast members Michael McMillian (What I Like About You), Omari Hardwick (Sucker Free City) and Tracy Vilar (Full Frontal). The pilot was directed by Darnell Martin (Their Eyes Were Watching God).

"Like TNT's hit series The Closer, SAVED is a character-driven procedural drama featuring a tough, somewhat flawed, three-dimensional central character trying to make it in an ever-complicated world," said Wright. "The show is indicative of TNT's continued commitment to creating top-notch dramatic original programming and serves as an excellent companion piece to the network's line-up of award-winning, high-quality dramas."

Scott has starred in such movies as That Thing You Do!, An American Werewolf in Paris, Dead Man On Campus, One True Thing, Boiler Room and Van Wilder. His television movie credits include Inherit the Wind, Karroll's Christmas and the upcoming Surrender, Dorothy. He has also starred in such series as The $treet and Philly and has had recurring roles on ER and Grace Under Fire. Scott was most recently seen in the Los Angeles stage production of Dead End and is currently filming the movie Because I Said So.

Reaser made her feature film debut in The Believer. She has since appeared in such movies as Thirteen Conversations About One Thing, Emmett's Mark, Mind the Gap and Sweet Land. Most recently, she co-starred with Sarah Jessica Parker in The Family Stone and recently completed filming Shut Up and Sing. Reaser's television credits include appearances on The Sopranos, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Hack and The Jury.

Manson serves as consulting producer on HBO's upcoming original series Big Love and as executive producer on the new series Thief. His other television credits include Nothing Sacred and Against the Law and the television movies The Wedding Dress, Nightjohn and Eye on the Sparrow, while his feature film credits include Birdy, The Cemetery Club and Mad Love. He also executive-produced the TNT Original movies Rising Son, Baby and Thicker Than Blood.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy
    More on it.....

http://www.tnt.tv/title/?oid=2912

TNT, home to cable's #1 new original drama series The Closer, has given the green light to SAVED, an original series starring Tom Everett Scott (That Thing You Do, Boiler Room), according to an announcement today from Michael Wright, senior vice president of original programming for TNT and TBS. SAVED, which also stars Elizabeth Reaser (The Family Stone, Stay), comes to TNT from Fox 21 and Imagine Television, with David Manson (Nothing Sacred, Thief) and Imagine Television's David Nevins (Arrested Development) serving as executive producers. A pilot for SAVED was produced late last year. TNT has ordered 13 episodes of the series, with shooting to begin this spring for premiere on the drama network this summer.

SAVED tells the story of Wyatt Cole (Scott), a medical-school dropout and compulsive gambler who becomes a paramedic in Portland. The series follows him as he makes his way through the minefield that is his 24-hour shift and finds his only solace in the job's breakneck pace. Reaser plays Alice, Wyatt's former girlfriend who now works as a resident at the hospital. Other cast members Michael McMillian (What I Like About You), Omari Hardwick (Sucker Free City) and Tracy Vilar (Full Frontal). The pilot was directed by Darnell Martin (Their Eyes Were Watching God).

"Like TNT's hit series The Closer, SAVED is a character-driven procedural drama featuring a tough, somewhat flawed, three-dimensional central character trying to make it in an ever-complicated world," said Wright. "The show is indicative of TNT's continued commitment to creating top-notch dramatic original programming and serves as an excellent companion piece to the network's line-up of award-winning, high-quality dramas."

Scott has starred in such movies as That Thing You Do!, An American Werewolf in Paris, Dead Man On Campus, One True Thing, Boiler Room and Van Wilder. His television movie credits include Inherit the Wind, Karroll's Christmas and the upcoming Surrender, Dorothy. He has also starred in such series as The $treet and Philly and has had recurring roles on ER and Grace Under Fire. Scott was most recently seen in the Los Angeles stage production of Dead End and is currently filming the movie Because I Said So.

Reaser made her feature film debut in The Believer. She has since appeared in such movies as Thirteen Conversations About One Thing, Emmett's Mark, Mind the Gap and Sweet Land. Most recently, she co-starred with Sarah Jessica Parker in The Family Stone and recently completed filming Shut Up and Sing. Reaser's television credits include appearances on The Sopranos, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Hack and The Jury.

Manson serves as consulting producer on HBO's upcoming original series Big Love and as executive producer on the new series Thief. His other television credits include Nothing Sacred and Against the Law and the television movies The Wedding Dress, Nightjohn and Eye on the Sparrow, while his feature film credits include Birdy, The Cemetery Club and Mad Love. He also executive-produced the TNT Original movies Rising Son, Baby and Thicker Than Blood.
    I also saw the preview for it, Well I guess we'll just have to wait until the premier to see if its anygood

Perhaps they will learn from past experience of TV shows and NOT do handstand defibrillations in water or pens for surgical crichs.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    Perhaps they will learn from past experience of TV shows and NOT do handstand defibrillations in water or pens for surgical crichs.
    It's a drama series, not a reality show.

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

SAVED tells the story of Wyatt Cole (Scott), a medical-school dropout and compulsive gambler who becomes a paramedic in Portland.
    Great....another chance to advance the stereotype of EMS workers as wannabes who couldn't hack it in the "real" medical world.....

I'll reserve any further comment till I've seen it...
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Not a Crime Drama, or reality show.....Won't last !!

Even though I'm not involved in EMS, I'll have to check it out. Sounds to me like it won't make it long (like Firehouse USA) unless of course they make some ridiculous drama and portray the main character as a psychotic risk to everyone he works with (Rescue Me)

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Rescue Me, but it certainly doesn't portray the fire service as it should and most of the situations are a little ridiculous.

But anywho, hopefully they will learn from mistakes and make this a good one.
    9/11/01 D.C. Joseph "Uncle Joe" Marchbanks
    Battalion 12
    Heaven In Harlem

Tim
    CFD #143

Quote Originally Posted by BD6413
    Not a Crime Drama, or reality show.....Won't last !!

Yea, what he said.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

I forsee this as being a medic version of say a show like ER or Greys anatomy. But like a few others have said we'll see when it starts I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dmleblanc
    Great....another chance to advance the stereotype of EMS workers as wannabes who couldn't hack it in the "real" medical world.....

I'll reserve any further comment till I've seen it...
    Some of the brightest people I know in the medical field have REMT-P after their name instead of "M.D."

It takes skill and talent to keep people alive "in the streets"...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    Some of the brightest people I know in the medical field have REMT-P after their name instead of "M.D."

It takes skill and talent to keep people alive "in the streets"...
    I completely agree. I was just pointing out that it's unfortunate that the producers of this show chose to make their main character a "medical school dropout" (and a gambling addict, to boot), as though he couldn't hack it as a doctor so he became a paramedic. Is this the case with most (or any) paramedics that you know? Me neither. It's an ugly stereotype in that it implies that paramedics are "not as good" as doctors.

Traditional hospital-based medicine and EMS are two very different career paths, and there are folks in both who are great at what they do. I simply resent the implication that there are paramedics out there who had to "fall back" on a career in EMS because they couldn't be a doctor. Although there may be a few cases where this has happened, it most certainly is not the norm.

I just think that they could have given this guy about a hundred other back stories (ex-military, maybe or something like that) other than "medical school dropout"......
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Holy Sh*t the last thing I want to see on TV is more EMS! Can't get away from it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dmleblanc
    Is this the case with most (or any) paramedics that you know? Me neither. It's an ugly stereotype in that it implies that paramedics are "not as good" as doctors.
    I agree with ya', but there are a number I know who are on their way toward that ol' MD, and have received their "P" while going in that direction. I personally, don't know anyone who has "flunked out" of school and ended up as a medic.
    "The more we sweat in training, the less we bleed in battle."

Forum Member

Default I am going to make my own show!

I think they should make a show about real world EMS. I don't know about you, but where I work all I do all day long is pick up fat people off the floor and put them back in bed and take people to doctors appointments and drive all over the state doing long distance transfers. At times I have wanted to test the lights and siren to make sure they still work. If we do get an "emergency" it is someone who has had abdominal pains for 6 days and they did not go to the doctor and they are now calling 911 at 3a.m. I ran a call the other day for a lady that had the chief complaint that "her butt hurt" Now that would make for a good T.V. series!

Quote Originally Posted by mcleoud151
    I agree with ya', but there are a number I know who are on their way toward that ol' MD, and have received their "P" while going in that direction. I personally, don't know anyone who has "flunked out" of school and ended up as a medic.
    Right. On the way up the ladder is cool. On the way down the ladder is not so cool....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Thread Information