Thread: Rit Bags

Forum Member

Default Rit Bags

Hey Guys I Am Sure That This Has Been Brought Up Before So Let The Bashing Begin. We Are In The Process Of Writing A Grant And We Are Wondering If Anyone Knows Anything About The Isi Rit Bags And What Kind Of Tools You Would Want To Go With It. Thanks

Forum Member

Why Is Everything In Capital Letters?

Forum Member

Sorry

Forum Member

Cleveland-

ISI has two large pockets on their RIT bags (kevlar or nylon). There is plenty of room for kevlar rope, hand cuff straps, a couple of small hand lights, wire cutters, carabiners, led light, door chocks, webbing, etc.....

A lot has to do with what you want to set up each bag with as a department, in regards to your SOPS/SOGS.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail offline to discuss....

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com
    dinges88@hotmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rfd599
    ISI has two large pockets on their RIT bags (kevlar or nylon). There is plenty of room for kevlar rope, hand cuff straps, a couple of small hand lights, wire cutters, carabiners, led light, door chocks, webbing, etc.....
    Aren't things like lights, wire cutters, chocks, webbing...etc. carried by the members in their pockets or on their person already?

Our Fast Team brings with them in addition to each members normal tool assignment the following:

Life Saving Rope/Life Belt
    Search Rope
    Stokes Stretcher
    Extra SCBA

The other tools carried dependent on building type by the 5 members include:
    1- Can
    2-3 6ft Hooks
    2-3 Halligans
    1-2 Axe/Maul
    1-FE saw depending on occupancy location of fire.

There is no bag as the tools needed for RIT are the same ones used by the members at any fire.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Fred, some others might have more insight, but we may soon be getting some sort of RIT bag. A couple weeks ago we went to the Rock for tactical training. They are testing out a new bag which contains a cylinder, 20 feet of low pressure hose and a regulator/facepiece, and I think also 20 feet of high pressure hose, that might be wrong though. The high pressure hose can be connected to the quick connect on our new SCBAs if the FF down has low pressure in the cylinder. If he does have air left but a damaged facepiece or something of that sort, you can just put on the new facepiece. The major problem we found was the high and low pressure lines were just too long, they kept getting snagged on stuff as we were removing the FF back up the stairs.

But that was the only thing that was in the bag. I agree, hand tools and such should already be carried on you.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl
    Fred, some others might have more insight, but we may soon be getting some sort of RIT bag. A couple weeks ago we went to the Rock for tactical training. They are testing out a new bag which contains a cylinder, 20 feet of low pressure hose and a regulator/facepiece, and I think also 20 feet of high pressure hose, that might be wrong though. The high pressure hose can be connected to the quick connect on our new SCBAs if the FF down has low pressure in the cylinder. If he does have air left but a damaged facepiece or something of that sort, you can just put on the new facepiece. The major problem we found was the high and low pressure lines were just too long, they kept getting snagged on stuff as we were removing the FF back up the stairs.

But that was the only thing that was in the bag. I agree, hand tools and such should already be carried on you.
    Is this in field tests yet? I'm not sure how this is different than carrying the spare mask other than the hose is longer.

I'm sure we'll get to see it soon enough. Whether it makes the grade or not is yet to be seen.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Im not sure if it is in the field yet, I was at the Rock about a month ago when they were testing it. They did mention it going out into the field as soon as possible though.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Thread Information