Thread: E-ONE rumors

Forum Member

Default E-ONE rumors

Almost afraid to start this cause I know what's coming but here it goes. Heard a rumor that E-ONE ended relationships with several dealers. Has anyone else heard this?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rumor ?

Quote Originally Posted by pocambu
    Almost afraid to start this cause I know what's coming but here it goes. Heard a rumor that E-ONE ended relationships with several dealers. Has anyone else heard this?
    C.W. Williams and Co

http://www.cwwilliamsfire.com/news.html

Monday, March 20, 2006

After careful thought and consideration, the management team at C.W. Williams and Co. has decided to end their 16-year tenure as an authorized E-One Dealer. A letter formally announcing the decision was sent to E-One management on March 17, 2006.

This closes out a very productive period for C.W. Williams as a fire apparatus dealership that saw the Company place over 1000 vehicles with customers. The Company was named E-One's Dealer of the Year in both 1999 and 2001. Numerous other national and regional awards were received through the years for outstanding sales achievement. Individual Field Sales Representatives have also been consistently recognized as top performers.

In making the announcement to Company employees, President Jim Edwards noted that "during our 50 year history the needs of our customers and the needs of our Company and its employees have continued to evolve. When we have been confronted with the need to make changes to better address those needs we have been fortunate that a better solution always seems to present itself. That is where we find ourselves today. We will look back fondly on our past but are confident that with this decision and the coming announcement of a new business partner, that our ability to serve our growing customer base will reach new heights."

C.W. Williams & Co. will work with existing customers to ensure that all their apparatus needs are met. The Company will proudly continue its representation of Hackney Emergency Vehicles and looks forward to a joint announcement with its new full line apparatus partner in the near future.

MembersZone Subscriber

I won't say anything regarding E-One's corporate stability, opinion, etc. It would just be rumor and speculation. I will say though that they also severed ties with their Illinois and Wisconsin dealership, and there are other dealers no longer selling E-One that were fairly recently (Ohio, Canada, Texas). Whether E-One has some sort of strategic plan to revamp their dealer network or something else, no one knows.

The Illinois dealer sold quite a few rigs in the area. I was personally surprised to hear that they were no longer selling E-One.
    Last edited by npfd801; 03-22-2006 at 01:04 AM.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I had heard it was CW Williams but just thought that odd as they had always seemed to be a pretty upfront dealership that had always stood behind E-ONE for many years. But in todays world who knows anymore.

Forum Member

C W Williams is going to Rosenbauer, same as the other ones that just left.

Forum Member

As mentioned earlier, here in Western Canada there is no longer an E-One dealer and believe me, there's alot of E-Ones & Superiors here. But here's the latest rumour floating around up here. Hebe is going to E-One Canada, specifically Western Canada.

Forum Member

He be going to ruin another company.

Forum Member

this where we got our 1998 from.........http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=76598
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pocambu
    It's not that E-One has been severing ties with the dealers, it's quite the opposite. The dealers see that Marc Gustafson couldn't manage a wet dream and have decided to move on.

Forum Member

I have a buddy that is a sales rep for CW. I'll try to get the skinny on the deal.
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleEVT
    As mentioned earlier, here in Western Canada there is no longer an E-One dealer and believe me, there's alot of E-Ones & Superiors here. But here's the latest rumour floating around up here. Hebe is going to E-One Canada, specifically Western Canada.
    He purchased the Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada International Heavy Truck Dealership Co-Van International.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RetJaxFF
    He purchased the Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada International Heavy Truck Dealership Co-Van International.
    Don't know where VanisleEVT got his information from as he has purchased Co-Van International Trucks in Coquitlam BC and I'm sure is going to expand it's sales and service facilities in the area and he sure doesn't need that job trying to save Superior/E One in Canada!

He also still has shares in Seagrave so I don't think he'll be the E One Dealer for Western Canada!!!

Not to say that E One hasn't picked a number of International dealers (one in Ontario for example) to be fire apparatus dealers BUT remember ALF (Jim Hebe) tried that and it didn't work out that well either...

Forum Member

I know my local E-One dealer is jittery about the Superior plant closing and 100% of E-Ones coming out of FLA, those boys in the forzen north knew a thing or two about building a cold weather truck. According the same salesman Ocala is less willing to do small modifications on production trucks which will make it harder to satisfy all the little FD's who want weird one-off stuff.

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

MembersZone Subscriber

Rockey Mountain Phoenix who was the dealer for E-One in Red Deer Alberta, Canada parted ways late last year. Rockey is now the dealer for Rosenbauer. wonder what kind of truck they make?

Mike

Thread Information