Forum Member

Default from: hogboy - officer.com

Today, 06:04 PM #2
    Hogboy
    Forum Member

Originally Posted by J Bo1664
    First of all, let me say that I have been around the forums for a while but have not posted. I have noticed a large number of people on here calling themselves cops, just because they are in LE. Being in LE does not make you a cop. The cops that are on this forum know what I am talking about. If you are not a Cop, then this will make some of you mad. I have a geat deal of respect for reserve and auxillary officers. Before I went full time 8 years ago, I was a reserve at the PD I work at now. When I met someone for the 1st time during my reserve period, I did not tell them I was in LE. I told them what I did for a living, which at the time was construction. If the PD got brought up, sure I would talk about it, but I did not label myself LE because I did not do that full time. I still help out with my PD reserve unit, and think of some of the guys as good friends. This being said, I do not appriceate someone identifying themselves as a Cop, when they are not. We have a problem in my area with several "special reserve", or "special auxillary units". They are very good at stirring crap up so a Cop can come clean it up. The academy at my PD is 26 weeks, it is hard as hell. I take pride in the fact that I passed. I did not go to some Wed. night class and get certified. After my academy and 4 mos of FTO, I can and will call myself a COP. I have been scared, hit, spit on, shot at, lied to, called everything but my name, and have walked into situations that I wished like hell I did not. I am a COP. If this offends you, I am sorry. Like my training Sgt. told us on day one after about 150 push-ups, "If it was easy, every body would do it". God Bless.

I agree. It's like volunteer firemen calling themselves "firefighters" when in reality they are pretenders and most of them are arsonists.
    A "professional" is someone who does the job for a living. It is not only about "training", experience or "status", but COMMITMENT to the CAREER

Hogboy
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Hogboy
    Send email to Hogboy
    Find More Posts by Hogboy
    Add Hogboy to Your Buddy List
    Last edited by ftlaudcop; 03-22-2006 at 09:48 PM.

Forum Member

Uh-oh, this isn't going to be good..............

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

"Most" of them are arsonists? Hoo boy, this is gonna get interesting.....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Lock it down now before it gets ugly!

Forum Member

Default Finally!!!

We now know TH's original screen name!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ftlaudcop

I agree. It's like volunteer firemen calling themselves "firefighters" when in reality they are pretenders and most of them are arsonists.
    A "professional" is someone who does the job for a living. It is not only about "training", experience or "status", but COMMITMENT to the CAREER

Hogboy
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Hogboy
    Send email to Hogboy
    Find More Posts by Hogboy
    Add Hogboy to Your Buddy List
    I can't stop laughing at this long enough to be mad. I guess all these years I was wrong in thinking that it was real fire. Damn should have guessed it was playdoh when we put water on it there was no steam.

Forum Member

Default hog boys stats

straight from the hogs mouth ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-06-2006, 01:15 AM #25
    Hogboy
    Forum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am 6'1" 410 lbs and almost 49 years old

My max bench is 155

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

A fine attempt by a troll to stir the pot enough to try to cause a firefighter / cop war.

Too bad the post is so damn stupid as to be childish.

Fyredup

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EJS1810
    Lock it down now before it gets ugly!
    *gets his popcorn and soda*

oh yeah and
    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp
    A fine attempt by a troll to stir the pot enough to try to cause a firefighter / cop war.

Too bad the post is so damn stupid as to be childish.

Fyredup

OSD122

Forum Member

With a name like "Hogboy", the post has got to be good. NOT!
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

At 410 lbs I'd say he got his screen name just right.
    In Arduis Fidelis
    Faithful in Adversity

MembersZone Subscriber

here is the link to the whole thread, apparently he is calling cops and fireifhgters out.

it seems alot of folks dont like him!

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44928

Forum Member

I have never subscribed to a thread before but this one may be the first.
    Someone pass the popcorn this way.
    Steve
    EMT/Security Officer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cellblock
    I have never subscribed to a thread before but this one may be the first.
    Someone pass the popcorn this way.
    Just a little extra butter for me. Think these seats will be good.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Can we skip past the previews and get to the main attraction?

Pass the popcorn!!

Forum Member

want to hear another pearl of wisdom from hogboy (a username I can't believe any REAL law enforcement officer would pick)?
    Volunteer firemen are VOLUNTEER firemen because for some reason (too dumb, too fat, too crazy, whatever) to get hired by a real fire department
    They are less qualified, less trained and most are crazy wannabees with a pile of rags, a can of gas and a container of hand lotion in the back of their pickup trucks.

My father was a PROFESSIONAL fireman in a big city for 25 years. he retired and went to work for an industrial "fire department" for another 17 years. That "fire department" consisted of half retired REAL firemen and half local volunteer firemen with no PROFESSIONAL experience. He suspected several of them of starting several dumpster fires around the plant so they could pull out the fire tricks, blow the sirens and get all excited

There are MANY MANY documented stories about volunteer firemen who have been tried and convicted of arson. In my personal experiece, most I have met are NUTS

Here is an interesting link about a typical volunteer fireman and some of his "brothers"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002...ain530103.shtml
    I think it's pretty obvious what we have here. but rather than get into a battle of wits with someone is unarmed, as well as someone who appear to be suffering from inadequacy issues (hence the reason he sees the need to start a fight with a group that he knows very little about), I'm going to sit back and enjoy the show.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

1st you have to act PROFESSIONAL before u can be one..that leaves u out...

2nd you are obviously not happy with your job as a security guard at the nursing home so quit...

3rd as to your quote you are a PROFESSIONAL wannabe so that makes u an idiot

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Well, at least he is getting slammed over in the police website, as well....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

here is anouther gem by hogman

"I don;t even think you are a real Irishman. Volunteer firemen are usually Slavic types"

ROFLMAO

t150suptpr Made this really good post.

There are "paid professional firefighters" and there are "volunteer firefighters".

Not to mention any names, but to make statements like
    Quote:
    It's like volunteer firemen calling themselves "firefighters" when in reality they are pretenders and most of them are arsonists.

is just one way to show one's true ignorance.

My county has no budget that allows for full time paid firefighters, but we have these really dedicated citizens who drive log trucks, work at the college, sell cars, run service stations, work on a City PD or County SO, work in a factory, run buisnesses ... etc ... who drop what they are doing or the breakfast they just fixed on a 16 degree morning at 6:13 AM to answer a wreck call of house fire or medical emergency and they are "volunteers" whether they are firefighters, rescue, EMTs, etc ... and we call them "FRIEND" here.
    Last edited by ducken; 03-23-2006 at 07:34 PM.

Forum Member

I work with a clown cop...same size as hog-boy, I have no idea why they get into police work,....probably to lazy to work, and to scared to steal...and all you can eat.....

Forum Member

well well well...................this oughta be fascinating .............kinda mimics a paid vs volly thing .............it is everywhere.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Default they are creamin hogcrap good over there !

maybe we should all go over there and register ...............looks like TJH has turned BLUE !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

goes and gets a popcorn, candy and a soda and upgrades his seat to a nice comfy lazy boy.

Forum Member

I used to think that these threads were completely useless, but have come to appreciate the levity in them. It is good to sit back and have a good laugh every now and then. By the way....make my popcorn without butter (trying to keep my boyish figure)
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Thread Information