MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation fire academy part 2.

The other day I did something without think about what I was doing. I didnít have a clear head on my shoulders and wrote many things that were untrue in every way, childish, hurtful, and things that I will regret writing, saying, and thinking for the rest of my life. Due to my actions I have now disappointed everyone at my fire academy. Also, I have hurt them with my lies. After talking to the people that I have hurt, disappointed, and lied about I realize what I have done. As I sit here and write this, my heart hurts. I am so ashamed of myself. I canít believe that I have done this. In the past few hours I have learned many life lesions that I will never forget. The first lesion is that, when you say something without thinking about it and it isnít true you will hurt many people and they will lose all respect for you. The second lesion is that, when you write something like I did and post it on the Internet people will see it. People that you never would think would see it will. Also, something like this will stay with you for the rest of your carrier and life. The instructors of my fire academy in Northwest Florida are some of the best teachers that I have ever had. They are some of the best not only for what they teach me about firefighting but what they teach me about life. If I would have just opened my eyes and saw that they were there for me to talk to, even if it was any kind of problem in the world I wouldnít be in the spot that I am in right now. Now that I see that, I am so grateful to have people in my life that are there for me. The thought of me disrespecting them the way I have disgusts me. All of the instructors have worked so hard to make this fire academy one of the best in the state. Now look at what I have done to them. I hope that anyone and everyone that I have disappointed, hurt, and lied about can please find it in their hearts to forgive me for what I have done. I also hope that I can still come to them if I have problem even if itís not about the fire academy. I am truly sorry for what I have done, and what I did isnít really who I am. I know now that I will have to work twice as hard as I did before to regain some of the trust and respect that I have totally lost from them. Again I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart and it will never happen again. I hope now that this can be put behind us, but I know that it will never before gotten.

MembersZone Subscriber

Keep your head high and finish with a bang. Show everyone around you what you really want. Also just an honest suggestion, please do not take offense to this but you may want to take some kind of english classes as well. Good luck with your journey and I am glad you learned your lesson. Sometimes learning the hard way is the best way.

Forum Member

You have just learned a valueable lesson about life in the fire service..

Engage the brain with rational thought prior to speaking out ot typing on a computer keyboard on an internet forum!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry I don't feel the same sentiment as my more forgiving Brothers. Your first instinct when you got angry was to lie and smear the fire academy and instructors? Most often we humans cannot completely change who we are that fast. I hope that your sincere in what you say and are not trying to throw up anything that might keep you in the academy.
    But no, I do not think you should give up, just the opposite. Try your best to be the best, go the extra mile and prove you are worthy of regaining any respect.

We count on each other to much to worry that the first time you don't get your way you'll start making Sh*t up to make a brother look bad or worse. We expect integrety from our brothers and often the honesty is down right brutal, but its honest, none the less.

MembersZone Subscriber

OK really I just noticed this: FFARASNICK? Is that like FF Arsenic? Like posioning the fire service? I'd change that handle as its just too fitting given the toxic post you made.

Some of the brutual honesty I posted about above.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffarasnick
    what I did isnít really who I am.
    Whoa there. I disagree. What I do *is* who I am. Which is not perfect. Please, take responsibility for your actions without saying "That wasn't me", because it was you - not all of you, but a part of you that you have to deal with and improve.

Don't give up. Fix it.
    -------;- "Aaaaa!!"
    Remember - always wear your helmet around one-eyed women with pike poles

MembersZone Subscriber

A long time ago, a crusty old Jake once told me I have two ears and only one mouth. That means I should listen twice as much as I talk. Now I don't consider myself crusty or old, but I impart those words of wizdom upon you. Good luck kid. Looks like you learned a hard lesson today.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LtLarry
    A long time ago, a crusty old Jake once told me I have two ears and only one mouth. That means I should listen twice as much as I talk. Now I don't consider myself crusty or old, but I impart those words of wizdom upon you. Good luck kid. Looks like you learned a hard lesson today.

Which is why new guys from the academy and newer guys at the department should try to talk seldomly. That includes myself. I'm not a rookie, but I still consider myself to be a new guy. I try to talk as little as possible.

Sure I ask questions, but I don't every try to get into a debate with a senior firefighter or an officer for that matter. I noticed alot of the guys in my rookie class, would ask questions and then turn them into a debate with the instructor.

Good post Lew...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by The1andOnly
    I noticed alot of the guys in my rookie class, would ask questions and then turn them into a debate with the instructor.
    Man this is a pain. It seems like more often than ever you can give an order around the house and the younger firefighters first word is "Why?" Their new age upbringing has taught them that they're as important as the next person and worthy of an explanation. The paramilitary structure has become quasi-military or kinda-military-like. Luckily I have yet to have this issue on the fireground which unless they have Johnny Cochran they'll probably end up in the unemployment line.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM
    Man this is a pain. It seems like more often than ever you can give an order around the house and the younger firefighters first word is "Why?" Their new age upbringing has taught them that they're as important as the next person and worthy of an explanation. The paramilitary structure has become quasi-military or kinda-military-like. Luckily I have yet to have this issue on the fireground which unless they have Johnny Cochran they'll probably end up in the unemployment line.
    That's not new VonSteuben mentioned about the same thing around 1778 or so.
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

IACOJ BOD

Must surely be close to the prize for
    "longest Run On Sentence"
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

makes good girls go bad

unless they have Johnny Cochran they'll probably end up in the unemployment line.
    ummm.....hes dead, is he not?
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi
    Must surely be close to the prize for
    "longest Run On Sentence"
    And the added value substance of your post is????

BLSboy....that was pretty funny. I forgot all about good ol' Johnny.

Thread Information