Forum Member

Default Please tell me this is a joke

Fire apparatus ticketed for parking next to a hydrant?

http://bfloblog.com/?p=857

(The March 22nd entry)

This is a fake, right?

Forum Member

Hmmm...

But on the other hand..

Why is the truck company in front of the hydrant to begin with?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber

people complain when cops run red lights, and speed when not going to a call.

this is the other side of the spectrum.

i dont think a ticket is neccesary, but it is parked illegally

Forum Member

I once heard of an ambulance that was pulled over by a cop in IL for running a stop sign while respoing to a call. The cop just wanted to make sure that they were on a ligit call since they were a private ambulance company. So the story goes, we all know how those can be so take it with a grain of salt.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Forum Member

Currently there is a "zero tolerance" policy in effect in the city of Buffalo. This picture is in front of the Buffalo Convention Center. During the week of the Buffalo Home and Garden Show the BFD provided a Fire Safety demonstration for attendees. It is entirely possible that the on duty Truck crew was assigned to the Fire Safety Program at the time. Now as to the validity of the ticket, I couldnt tell you. Could it be a cops attempt at humor, or perhaps the photographers attempt at humor? I dont know. But with the exception of the ticket I can say that is a Buffalo Truck and it is in the city of Buffalo. I havent heard anything about this on the news though. Maybe I will ask the Chief on sunday.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lewiston2Capt
    Currently there is a "zero tolerance" policy in effect in the city of Buffalo. This picture is in front of the Buffalo Convention Center. During the week of the Buffalo Home and Garden Show the BFD provided a Fire Safety demonstration for attendees. It is entirely possible that the on duty Truck crew was assigned to the Fire Safety Program at the time. Now as to the validity of the ticket, I couldnt tell you. Could it be a cops attempt at humor, or perhaps the photographers attempt at humor? I dont know. But with the exception of the ticket I can say that is a Buffalo Truck and it is in the city of Buffalo. I havent heard anything about this on the news though. Maybe I will ask the Chief on sunday.
    By "zero-tolerance" do you mean pumpers cant park in front of hydrants either? If so, thats about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. I mean, if ther was a fire in the building, wouldnt the pumper need to by on a hydrant?
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Cops

Maybe? Cops suppervisor puts out in meeting to ticket everybody even if its the governor or the pressident usa. Cop likes to PO his suppervisor figures he'll have alittle fun.

MembersZone Subscriber

I got a little chuckle at someones imaginary response to the situation as well.

The following conversation was overheard at the scene…

Buffalo Police Department (BPD): “Hey, you’re gonna need to move that thing buddy.”

Buffalo Fire Department (BFD): “Why?”

BPD: “Duh, you’re illegally parked in front of a fire hydrant.”

BFD: “But it’s a fire truck…and there’s a man on fire…”

BPD: “Too bad, I haven’t had a raise in ten years.”

Victim On Fire: “When you two are done arguing, would you please douse me with water from the fire hydrant RIGHT THERE?!? Oh God – the pain! Please help me!!!”

BPD: “Settle down, Human Torch - nobody’s getting put out until this fire truck gets moved. And here’s your ticket for Being On Fire In Public Without A Permit. We’re cracking down on Quality of Life misdemeanors too.”

Five minutes later…

BPD: “Hey, you can’t park that ambulance there!”

The last line clinches it.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    By "zero-tolerance" do you mean pumpers cant park in front of hydrants either? If so, thats about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. I mean, if ther was a fire in the building, wouldnt the pumper need to by on a hydrant?
    Mostly this is zero tolerance by the public. I am wondering if someone being a wise guy put the "ticket" there as a joke. It has been a hot topic on the news as of late, people have been complaining that they have gotten away with violating the parking laws up until the crackdown, and now they are upset. Fortunately I dont have to park in the city so I dont really have to deal with it.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter

MembersZone Subscriber

Would a ticket have been issued if a hose was connected from the hydrant to the truck?

Also, I liked Response #4.

Forum Member

I had the opportunity to speak with Chief Lombardo this weekend and was told it is in fact a fake. No BFD apparatus would or have received a ticket.
    Sounds like someone has a creative sense of humor.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter

Forum Member

Prior to our merger...our substation got binged by an OSHA guy for not having the Fire Department's emergency number posted by the telephone.

One of our former officers, who ran a fairly large family manufacturing company, kept a toaster in his company's bathroom. Since, in his words, an OSHA inspector could never leave without writing them up for something...often their only violation on the visit would be for the electrical appliance near water...

Thread Information