Gear Specification Advice
I am hoping to solicit some help from my fellow firefighters regarding gear design.
My department is currently undergoing some field testing of three brands: Globe (GxTreme), Janesville (V-Force) and Morning Pride (equivalent of GxTreme/V-Force).
I'm curious as to the design of gear that your departments use:
1) what brand of gear do you use? are you happy - would you recommend a different brand?
2) What type of outer shell does your gear employ? We are currently testing Pbi Matrix as we have found through research that it is considered the "best" outer shell overall
3) What mill would you recommend: Southern Mills, Safety Components, etc. for the various gear layers (thermal, moisture, outer shell)?
4) We have found through field testing that there is a big difference between abrasion resistance between mills of Pbi Matrix - has anyone else notices a difference between Pbi Matrix Safety Components and Pbi Matrix Southern Mills (also known as Gemini)?
5) What types of pocket/reflective trim/names/clips designs do you employ?
6) Has anyone tried to integrate a NFPA 1983 Class II Certified Harness into bunker pants? Morning Pride for example has this option, as does Janseville.
I thank you in advance for your advice!
Lookup PBI Matrix Online for answers
Originally Posted by RFDACM
You can find all the TPP/THL stuff online - check out the southernmills website (www.southernmills.com) and pbi's website (www.pbigold.com) or safety components website (www.safetycomponents.com)