Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Alf????

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    Default Alf????

    We are the proud owners of a 2001 Alf Tanker. I have heard that the new Alf's are not as good. We are getting ready to start the purchasing process, does any one have any info on this. Thak you


  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodbridge Twp, New Jersey
    Posts
    863

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by jbohan
    We are the proud owners of a 2001 Alf Tanker. I have heard that the new Alf's are not as good. We are getting ready to start the purchasing process, does any one have any info on this. Thak you
    After the sale of American Lafrance a few months ago changes have been made to the better, you can know order a commercial chassis apparatus with a IHC , GMC ,Ford , Mack , etc. other than just a Freightliner chassis cab !!...

  3. #3
    Forum Member canuck1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    205

    Default well....

    Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII
    After the sale of American Lafrance a few months ago changes have been made to the better, you can know order a commercial chassis apparatus with a IHC , GMC ,Ford , Mack , etc. other than just a Freightliner chassis cab !!...

    yeah, but why would ya? The M2 is setup so well for fire trucks...

    Approved factory installed SCBA seats
    Standard raised roof on crew cabs
    lots of body builder options, making it easier for bodybuilders
    huge dealer network
    HUGE windshield - excellent visibility
    big wide doors for entry/egress
    sloped hood for excellent site of road
    Multiplexed wiring
    Air management unit for addition of future air accessories


    just a few reasons to spec an FL

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodbridge Twp, New Jersey
    Posts
    863

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck1
    yeah, but why would ya? The M2 is setup so well for fire trucks...

    Approved factory installed SCBA seats
    Standard raised roof on crew cabs
    lots of body builder options, making it easier for bodybuilders
    huge dealer network
    HUGE windshield - excellent visibility
    big wide doors for entry/egress
    sloped hood for excellent site of road
    Multiplexed wiring
    Air management unit for addition of future air accessories


    just a few reasons to spec an FL
    Many firefighters say that the Freightliners chasis cab is poorly built with door parts falling off after only two years of use , bolts & screws coming out , window trim popping off & jeep door handles.

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Carthage New York USA
    Posts
    21

    Default

    It is hard to believe all this when most frieghtliner md trucks are on the road all day everyday. Fire trucks spend more time in the station.

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Panorama, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII
    Many firefighters say that the Freightliners chasis cab is poorly built with door parts falling off after only two years of use , bolts & screws coming out , window trim popping off & jeep door handles.
    Yes, yes, and yes.

    We have 2 ALF M2 chassis. A 2004 Engine, that was a demo on the show circuit for a few months before we got it, and a 2005 65' Telesqurt on an M2 Chassis.

    The Engine is still full of interior fit and finish problems today, and it has received three warranty services to try and fix the damn problems.

    Other than that, it is a good solid truck though. I do like them better than the Internationals.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

    IACOJ

  7. #7
    Forum Member allineedisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    618

    Default

    They are still junk, like the KME's and ferrera's
    OUTSTANDING

    Make It Happen

    Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rosenbauer like ALF??
    By buckdog in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 08:40 AM
  2. ALF Rescue Info Requested
    By ChiefDRS in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 10:08 PM
  3. ELF's first cousin, ALF
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 02:24 PM
  4. American LaFrance
    By firemanjh28 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:44 PM
  5. ALF Cab Door Problem
    By TCFire in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2002, 10:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts