MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Talking Betty Crocker Or Westinghouse?

Cake or bed

A husband is at home watching a football game when his wife interrupts, "Honey, could you fix the light in the hallway? It's been flickering for weeks now."

He look at her and says angrily, "Fix the lights now? Does it look like I have GE written on my forehead? I don't think so."

"Fine," then the wife asks, "Well then, could you fix the fridge door? It won't close right."

To which he replied, "Fix the fridge door?" "Does it look like I have Westinghouse written on my forehead? I don't think so."

"Fine," she says, "Then you could at least fix the steps to the front door? They are about to break."

"I'm not a damm carpenter and I don't want to fix steps." he says, "Does it look like I have Ace Hardware written on my forehead? I don't think so. I've had enough of you. I'm going to the bar!!!!"

So he goes to the bar and drinks for a couple of hours. He starts to feel guilty about how he treated his wife, and decides to go home. As he walks into the house he notices that the steps are already fixed. As he enters the house, he sees the hall light is working. As he goes to get a beer, he notices the fridge door is fixed.

"Honey," he asks, "how'd all this get fixed?"

She said, "Well, when you left I sat outside and cried. Just then a nice young man asked me, "What was wrong?" I told him. He offered to do all the repairs, and all I had to do was either go to bed with him or bake a cake."

He said, "So what kind of cake did you bake?"

She replied, "Hellooooo....do you see Betty Crocker written on my forehead? I don't think so!"
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

ROFLMAO I really needed that today.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

ROFLMAO That is seriously funny.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Whangaparaoa Peninsular North Island New Zealand

Smile Serious Question

Please -just for us who live outside the States. Who or what does Betty Crocker do? I am assuming that she is a cooking instructor?

I know that the answer is not going to lower taxes or make me live longer--just curious!!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Heheheehe Ok.. before I stuck my foot in my mouth, I did a google search. And learned something. Firstly I thought that Betty Crocker actually was an author of several cooking books. After I googled, I found out that....

chnm.gmu.edu/features/sidelights/crocker.html

But to answer your question 2andfrom, Betty Crocker did/does write recipe books.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information