Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Made in America

Default Made in America

I don't want to elevate the competition, but Made in America is featuring E-One tonight on the travel channel at 9 eastern. I assume they will do a good job. I tell you this just because I love Firetrucks!
    Fyrtrks

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Made in America

Saw the segment on E-One. Pretty neat. A lot of history about the city and founding of the company. Supposed to air again on Sat. April 1st at 4:00 pm.

Forum Member

Pretty cool, I didn't know he first aluminum bodies were from them

Forum Member

i always thought marion was the first. they did those aluminum crash truck bodies for ansul back in the early sixties and then started doing rescue bodies.

Forum Member

all i care is that usa fd's buy usa fire trucks period whether eones pierces or sams fire engines. i dislike foreign competition. first the trucks r UGLY. second they must not have a lot of business over there coz they wouldnt have to come all the way over here if they did. usa fire apparatus builders need a break. seagrave, alf,eone all need some impetus to get back on track. they have had ups and downs b4 as any business has. how bout supporting them instead of made in germany, sweden, uk or timbucktoo.

Quote Originally Posted by apparatusfan
    all i care is that usa fd's buy usa fire trucks period whether eones pierces or sams fire engines. i dislike foreign competition. first the trucks r UGLY. second they must not have a lot of business over there coz they wouldnt have to come all the way over here if they did. usa fire apparatus builders need a break. seagrave, alf,eone all need some impetus to get back on track. they have had ups and downs b4 as any business has. how bout supporting them instead of made in germany, sweden, uk or timbucktoo.
    OK I'll bite
    Just curious, I saw you're other post concerning Rosenbauer's program trucks, and was wondering why the intense hatred over supposedly foreign company's.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by apparatusfan
    I've been reading some of your posts in this thread and in others and I must say you're all over the board here.

As far as E-One and Pierce go. As you all know they are owned by Federal Signal and Oshkosh repectively. They are pulblicly traded companiese and believe it or not, there are people overseas that have interests in the two companies. However this really has nothing to do with anything so I won't go on.

You are bashing Rosenbauer in your other thread. Just to let you know they are American made trucks. They are built in Lyons, SD and Wyoming, MN by (you guessed it) - Americans!. The trucks in the United States are not made in Germany, Sweden, or the UK as you imply.

You mention you dislike foreigh trucks because they're Ugly? Come on! You're just the type of person I would want on my next appartus committee! We as firefighter's should be concerned about firefighter safety and not how much chrome we can put on a fire truck. Tell me how a nice shiny chrome bell on that front bumper is going to save your life.

As for your second statment. I don't think Rosenbauer is hurting for business. They are the largest manufacturer of Fire Apparatus in the world!

I'm trying to figure out your position in Pierce. Their are times you say you love them and times you are bashing them. I can't quite figure it out. I'll admit that Pierce builds a nice truck. However, when it came down to it, My department could not justify spending they extra 40,000 for that little Pierce emblem they put on the truck and ultimately ended up going with Rosenbauer. In my eyes, we got the same truck and ended up saving us a lot of money.

As for E-One, i'm not really sure what is going on there. I also happend to miss the documentary. Anyone know if they are going to run it again?

Maybe someone should tell Apparatusfan just how many rigs Rosenbauer America is sending overseas... rigs built by American hands going to Saudi, Kuwait, Jamaica, plus all of the ARFF chassis and rigs built at the General plant going overseas.

If anything - Rosenbauer's involvement with these two companies has fostered plant expansions, more jobs, and more American products actually going overseas for once.

It won't do any good logic cant penatrate his Pierce Force Field.

"Scotty....I....Need....More.. ...Power!"

Forum Member

y cant any usa co build those apparatus here without rosenpower to market them all over the world? eone doesnt have airport rigs or oshkosh? i DO NOT like foriegn interfernence in the usa fire apparatus scene. stay on ur side of the atlantic. usa has lots of its own expertise and experience in all of these fields. it was first on the moon. it doesnt need any help from rosenpower or toyota or any foreign entity. when did u last see any seagrave go to germany or alf to the uk or eone to italy or kme to france?

You don't see those brands go to Europe because our trucks won't fit down their streets...

Sutphen, Pierce, and I'm sure others all sent rigs to countries involved in this Iraq and Afghanistan "action."

Federal Signal has Bronto overseas. Oshkosh owns an apparatus builder in Italy. They better close up shop for fear that their foreign influeince invades our hearts and souls. Better boycott E-One - they're already shoving their Bronto's down the American fire service throats, and people are PAYING for them!

The European influence is good for a lot of things - space utilization mainly. The European builders are fantastic at putting lots of stuff in small spaces, and I think you can see that influence in some of the Rosenbauer stuff.

Foreign "interfernence" huh? Yeah - I see those bully foreigners pushing their way in and making every builder change the way they do business. Yep.

The biggest threat to apparatus builders in the U.S.? Other American apparatus builders. Simon-Duplex, Luverne, Quality, 3D, Becker, Saulsbury - all bought up by bigger pockets, dismantled, and left for dead at a corporate whim. Rosenbauer's three American divisions are stronger from the presence of their alliance.
    Last edited by npfd801; 04-02-2006 at 10:27 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

You are once again making very weak claims.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say about E-One and Oshkosh ARFF trucks but they are sold overseas.

As far as Rosenbauer going back on the other side of the Atlantic...well they have always been here. Both Central and General have been around for quite a while. Rosenbauer bought an interest into both of them as well as RK and they are now known as Rosebauer America.

And you not liking foreign interference in fire apparatus....The Europeans are years ahead of us in firefighting technology. We are currently seeing that infuence and are going to see a lot more of it in the years to come on all fire apparatus whether it's a Pierce or a Rosenbauer.

Isn't it a goal of every US manufacturer to export there products? It's a global market. As an American, It's nice to see American made products going overseas. Yes - Pierce and E-One do sell their products overseas as well.

Forum Member

ur love of everything european tells on u that u have NEVER been over there. i have more than 7 times plus having been born there and i am 100% usa in my taste for fire apparatus. the structures in europe r largely fire retardent owing to little wood content it being costly compared to stone or brick or other fire retardent materials, the runs and workers do not compare to usa fd's. london does not have any aerial devices assigned to any alarms. they r assigned by groups of pumps. 4 pump fire response; 8 pump;12 pump etc all the way to 32 pumps. all aerial and platform "appliances " as they r called r special called. hum. wonder y. tr their hi rise situations such that groups of 4 pumps at a shot without automatic laddering units is a safe procedure? so much for the light years ahead of the usa in fire fighting tech and savy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Extreame Make Over (Fire House)

Another TV show. It's my understanding an Extreame Make Over segment is going to be about re-habing a fire house in TX. damaged by last summers Hurricane. Supposed to air April 13th at 8:00 pm. on ABC.

Thread Information