Thread: LED bars

Forum Member

Default LED bars

Anyone using Code 3 2100 bars for front and or rear of pumpers?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FD1976
    We have the " Code 3 led x 2100 red light light bar on the front of our new engine , they are very brigth and use less power than rotating lights. The N.J. state police have them on most of there patrol units ! I like the " Whelen " led's better then Code 3 , they are much taller & wider.
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 04-04-2006 at 06:39 PM.

Forum Member

Whelen by my opinion has the brightest most impressive LED's on the market today. Our police department just bought a Whelen Liberty LED Lightbar (8 LED Moduals) and it is by far more impressive then some of the strobe bars my Fire Department (Whelen 9M 8 head strobe) or PD (Whelen 8 head Patriot) uses.

Forum Member

Default led

We have been ordering the code 3 2100 and have been very happy with the brightness, simplicity and service. All of our units from here on out will be utilizing the code 3 leds.

MembersZone Subscriber

I haven't really had a lot of exposure to Code 3. I honestly can't say anything good or bad about them.

We started running Whelen. No problems and extremly bright. Also, the price of blue in the Super LED's dropped dramatically. I think they are now the same price as the red. Of course, we were several months to late on our latest purchase.

MembersZone Subscriber

The problem with Whelen is the off center axis issue, get at any angle from the front of the rig, the lights get drastically dimmer. Take a look at TOMAR. By far the brightest, period. Just bought some of the new RECT 25's in high power and they came with a warning label that saod "do not stare into this product as eye injury could result.". If you want to see videos on these look at www.sycamorefireandsafety.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tomar

We recently switched to Tomar LED Bars (Blade) and have had extremely good luck. They are much brighter than anything on the market. Local law enforcement is using something "911" bars and Whelen bars and the Tomars blow them away......

Forum Member

Default PowerArc LED's

We like the PowerArc LED package on our new aerial. Cool lights.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by L3Truckee
    Which model? We are thinking about the SL66.
    BAClair

Forum Member

Default PowerArc LED's

Any of them are good. We use the SL. I see they are going to be at FDIC again at their usual spot. Go there and check out the new stuff.

Forum Member

Default State-of-the-art Hyper-brite Led Light Bars

CHECK US OUT AT: WWW.PROSTROBES.COM WE HAVE PLENTY OF VIDEOS OF OUR LED LIGHT BARS IN ACTION FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE.

THANK YOU, PRO-STROBES

Quote Originally Posted by rschultzjr
    Whelen by my opinion has the brightest most impressive LED's on the market today. Our police department just bought a Whelen Liberty LED Lightbar (8 LED Moduals) and it is by far more impressive then some of the strobe bars my Fire Department (Whelen 9M 8 head strobe) or PD (Whelen 8 head Patriot) uses.

Forum Member

CHECK US OUT AT: WWW.PROSTROBES.COM WE HAVE PLENTY OF VIDEOS OF OUR LED LIGHT BARS IN ACTION FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE.

THANK YOU, PRO-STROBES

Quote Originally Posted by L3Truckee

Forum Member

THANK YOU, PRO-STROBES

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant387
    The problem with Whelen is the off center axis issue, get at any angle from the front of the rig, the lights get drastically dimmer. Take a look at TOMAR. By far the brightest, period. Just bought some of the new RECT 25's in high power and they came with a warning label that saod "do not stare into this product as eye injury could result.". If you want to see videos on these look at www.sycamorefireandsafety.com

Forum Member

Default State-of-the-art Hyper-brite Led Light Bar

THANK YOU, PRO-STROBES

Quote Originally Posted by FD1976

Forum Member

Default Looking For A Bright State-of-the-art Hyper-brite Led Light Bar?

THANK YOU, PRO-STROBES

Forum Member

Default Advertisment???

What's the deal with the multiple posts????? Looks like spamming to me!!!

Please remove post, apologize to everyone in this forum and them click your heels together three times and you will be forgiven!!!
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

I'll admit I checked out his site. No offense, but it sucked. Furthermore, the prices were terrible and the videos showed that his lights sucked off axis. Looks like some fly by night deal where some guy figured out how to house LED's and decided to do it in his garage. Maybe if he cut his prices down by 60 or 70% I would consider getting one of the units for my kids tricycle.

Naaaahhh!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEck51
    Maybe if he cut his prices down by 60 or 70% I would consider getting one of the units for my kids tricycle.
    When you actually do find decently priced lights and mount them on your kids tricycle... be sure to get a picture of father and son and send it into the 'Whackers Anonymous' site for a "The apple don't fall far from the tree" entry!
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Forum Member

I still don't get why they let "guests" post. Strange that the dealer guy popped in at the right time at the right place

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hp1530
    Strange that the dealer guy popped in at the right time at the right place
    What's 'strange' is that the dealer guy is allowed to post SPAM and get away with it, but if a MEMBER voices their disagreement with someone's opinions, they are sent to timeout... now that's what is "strange"!

Maybe the Webteam is getting some sort of kick-back by allowing the SPAM to be posted by guests. They sure don't quickly delete the SPAM threads like they do the ones by FFFred.

Why are guests allowed to post? What's the point of registering then? Kinda defeats the purpose...
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Forum Member

I have a Code 3 2100 Love it.
    but for an apparatus you need the Whelen Freedom bar. Much taller and brighter. Better coverage for the size.

Forum Member

We use Code 3 almost exclusively for anything LED related, have not had any issues.

As for the top of the pumper, Vector PODS seem to be the in thing, although I struggle to justify the cost for what they are, but hey, not my descision.

Thread Information