MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Exclamation Not Sure This Was Such A Great Idea

Apr 3, 9:13 AM EDT

Motorist Opens Fire on Hell's Angels

By MATT APUZZO Associated Press Writer

WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- A motorist opened fire on a group of Hell's Angels motorcyclists along Interstate 95, killing one and injuring another, police said.

The bikers were traveling near West Haven around 3:30 p.m. Sunday when they were shot, said State Police spokesman Sgt. J. Paul Vance.

Police were considering a number of possible motives including road rage, and authorities across the Northeast were alerted to look for a green GMC sport-utility vehicle with Florida plates, Vance said. He said police believe four men were in the vehicle.

One of the bikers, Roger Mariani, 61, of Stratford, pulled over before realizing he had been shot in the upper torso, Vance said. He later died at the Yale-New Haven Hospital.

The injured biker, Paul Carrol, 37, of Bridgeport, was grazed by a bullet, treated at the hospital and released, Vance said.

Members of the motorcycle club gathered at Yale-New Haven Hospital Sunday night, prompting police to station officers there to keep order, though police spokeswoman Bonnie Winchester said there were no incidents at the hospital.

The investigation snarled highway traffic for hours, bringing cars to a standstill on Interstate 95. Vance urged anyone who witnessed the shooting or anything suspicious in the area to call police.

2006 The Associated Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

The shooters better hope the Hells Angels do not locate them before the cops!
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Uh Huh..........

Quote Originally Posted by SSTONER
    The shooters better hope the Hells Angels do not locate them before the cops!
    Boy, you sure got that right!!....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

The problem with Hells Angels is that they are like birds. There is at least one in every place on the Earth.

Whats the phrase? You can run, butchya can't hide. Not even sure the Witness Protection program could do much there.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

Hmmm
    Well in theory it sounds like a good idea for the police to catch them first but where are the police going to send 'em?
    How many Hells Angels do you think are in prison?
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

How many Hells Angels do you think are in prison?
    I dunno, but the pic (sorry Patty - I had to borrow) says it all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Let's Get Ready To Rumble...

There is some speculation the shooters where from the Outlaws...

ENFIELD, Conn. -- Two men arrested Sunday night with weapons in their car may have been Hells Angels gang members looking to retaliate for the shooting of a gang leader on Interstate 95 earlier in the day, police said.

Enfield Police Chief Carl Sferrazza told the Journal Inquirer of Manchester that Trevor Delaware, 35, and Jeffrey Richard, 39 of Andover were arrested about six hours after the shooting. They appeared to be Hells Angels and may have been looking for members of the Outlaw Motorcycle Club, which has chapters in Enfield and Waterbury, he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

They were picked up driving a car with plates stolen from East Haven, police said. Inside police found gloves and masks, a softball bat, a bent golf club, a wooden club, a ball-peen hammer, and a loaded handgun licensed to Richard.

Sferrazza said police also found part of a police gang training manual that identified 10 Outlaws.

"There is certainly the possibility here, not the absolute certainty, but certainly the probability that these individuals were here to cause some harm perhaps to some of the Outlaw members in town," Sferrazza said. "We're not sure if that was the case or not, but it's a logical probability based on what happened earlier."

State police continued their search Tuesday for the shooter or shooters who killed Roger Mariani of Stratford and injured Paul Carrol of Bridgeport on I-95. The two were part of a group of Hells Angels riding together through West Haven on Sunday afternoon.

State police have said they do not yet know the motive for the shooting and have no evidence that it was linked to a gang rivalry.

"We're still investigating, still following leads, still looking for witnesses" said Sgt. J. Paul Vance, state police spokesman. "All the cards are still on the table. We're looking at everything."

Police were looking for a green GMC sport-utility vehicle with Florida plates. They believe four men were inside. They were also looking into the possibility that the shootings occurred during an altercation between the motorcyclists and the people in the SUV.

Waterbury attorney Leonard Crone, who has represented several Outlaws, said he doesn't know of any members who have been questioned by law enforcement about the I-95 shooting.

"They don't have any knowledge of anybody from their organization being involved in an assault or anything that happened on that highway that day," he said, adding that he was unaware of the Enfield incident.

Police said Delaware and Richard, who were stopped for a seat belt violation, told police they were going to visit a friend whom they would not identify.

Both were released on bond and scheduled to appear in court April 11.

Thread Information