Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sclw2004
    As for these people having problems with their jobs, as long as you give them 72 hours notice, which is all required by law, they can NOT reprimand, or even fire you. It is a federal deployment! Carries the same weight as being called up by the Reserves or National Guard.
    Don't take this as my doubting you, but where did you get this? Was this from FEMA? If its the case I lost alot of good people in Louisiana who were getting threatened with job loss if they didn't come home.

Some of the generalist classes were down to 8-10 people this week in several states, the anticipated numbers are not being generated according to the latest report I read.

Forum Member

Actually, the FEMA deployment does not carry the same weight as a National Guard deployment. Your employer can indeed fire you. We confirmed this through the higher-ups when a lot of us in Mississippi had to face a tough decision.

DMAT and USAR deployments are indeed protected, however. I'm not sure what the difference is, but that's the way it is.

I was actually pleased with the Generalist class. Yes, it was the same old stuff that we did in Atlanta, and then Orlando.... but hey, training is training. I spent 7months in Biloxi and I can't tell you how good of an experience it was. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I'm under the impression that any further deployments will be the same enriching experience, and I'm rearing to go.

Anyone else here do the Mississippi MHOPS thing?

Default New here

Ok guys, up front, this is the first time I have heard of this title or job..so im behind...I am a FF/medic, and since Katrina, I have been self employed doing contract EMS work.
    I have been all over South LA since Septmeber, and I am still contracted in Plaquemine parish today.

If someone has some time, could you reply or drop me a line at rnfiremedic@gmail.com
    I am interested in learning more about this position with FEMA, and if there is an opportunities for me.

Thank in advance,

J
    Last edited by bigJ164019; 08-25-2006 at 10:13 AM. Reason: New email addy
    Jeremy (bigj164019) - FireFighter-I/Paramedic
    Fraternal Order of Paramedics Society
    Member Firehouse.com I.A.C.O.J. EMS Bureau

"Live for today, because yesterdays are over, and tomorrows may never come"!

Forum Member

went to maryalnd generalist training also did you ever receive your new fema id?

Forum Member

stilllearning you make 24.00 to sit in class plus you make pier diem and you can keep all the rewards point hmm i say pretty good pay oh i forgot plus travel pay. and you get to help people understand of those goverenment forms.

MembersZone Subscriber

I went to disaster generalist training in the month of April. I never recieved a FEMA ID. They stated at the next deployment we would get them.

Forum Member

Question fema id

went to maryland we all had to fill out new background check paperwork plus they even got security to come out and took everyones fingerprint using the new computer system and photos. and told us they would send ids to us.

now couple of the guys call about them and they lost or missed place
    fingerprints and photos.

i called they dont know what to do , i guess apparently out of 240 only 6 got the new ids. something about paperwork was not filled out properly.

hmm new fema

Forum Member

Smile fema background checks

guess what fema sending out all new background and other great forms that has to be filled out and sent back in including fingerprints.

if you get them or havent call workforce 1-866-709-2328 ask them what you have to do or which ones you have to complete once again.

Thread Information