Thread: another newbie

Forum Member

Default another newbie

Hello all, new to the forum but not to the firefighting service. Looking forward to being a frequent contributor not just a lurker.

MembersZone Subscriber

Welcome aboard, grab a comfortable seat, make sure your Nomex "flame suit" is on, and remember that the search button is your friend. Lots of good people on here with wide ranges of experience and background. Of course, there are a few who make you wonder if they are even allowed near a hot stove, let alone a building fire. I usually pick up something new every time I read the forums, even if it is what not to do.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle2556
    Hello all, new to the forum but not to the firefighting service. Looking forward to being a frequent contributor not just a lurker.
    Gargoyle;

I read KenFD reply and got a chuckle from it. He obviously has been around the Fire Service awhile also ) If your not new to the Fire Service then you already know rule 1... "you can't be thin" You know how "we" are so if someone takes a jab at ya don't take it too serious. There are alot of forums here covering a wide range of subjects. Find some you like and jump right in, don't be bashful.

I did 20+ years and retired in 2003. So far this is the closest thing I've seen to actually being in the Firehouse, the only thing missing is the ugly faces )

Have fun, and if you have any questions or run into any problems let someone know.

WELCOME
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

Forum Member
    On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

Quote Originally Posted by RetJaxFF
    Gargoyle;

I read KenFD reply and got a chuckle from it. He obviously has been around the Fire Service awhile also ) If your not new to the Fire Service then you already know rule 1... "you can't be thin" You know how "we" are so if someone takes a jab at ya don't take it too serious. There are alot of forums here covering a wide range of subjects. Find some you like and jump right in, don't be bashful.

I did 20+ years and retired in 2003. So far this is the closest thing I've seen to actually being in the Firehouse, the only thing missing is the ugly faces )

Have fun, and if you have any questions or run into any problems let someone know.

WELCOME

Ugly Faces

Now you dont have to miss that now either.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Mine

Quote Originally Posted by tfpd109
    Ugly Faces

Now you dont have to miss that now either.
    tfpd;

Tried to get my "ugly" face in that thread, but all the pics I have are too big.. I'll have to get one smaller to post.
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

Thread Information