Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Twisters!

Forum Member

Default More Twisters!

Wow, anyone on here from Sumner or Warren county? The devastation was unreal. My cousin responded from Wilson county for mutual aid to Sumner and my brother received hail damage in Rutherford County.

What about TN & Twister alley! This is the worst I've seen it so far since the 1998 F5 downtown Nashville and Clarksville.

Fortunately it went north & south of Nashville or I think the fatalities could have been higher.

It's good that federal funding has been approved.

MembersZone Subscriber ullrichk's Avatar

It wasn't that many years ago that Jackson was hit hard, with Nashville coming soon after. A friend of mine in the insurance biz told me that companies were in an absolute panic because they hadn't figured adequate tornado risk into their equations. Naturally, higher premiums ensued. I can't imagine things getting any better.

Tornado damage is awe-inspiring though. I saw a house that had been lifted off its foundation and set down twenty yards further back in the yard - and the pictures were still hanging on the wall in the living room.

I sure hope the rest of spring is boring by comparison.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Forum Member

i work both for a vollie fire hall and sumner ems(as explorers at both) it was a mad house that day! the damage is incredible.

Forum Member

My old part time job was located just south of where the storms went through. Watching the news that night was hard, I've got a lot of friends who were in the storms path.

I know Springhill located in Williamson and Maury counties suffered some serious hail damage the same day. But I think that is the only serious damage that occured in Southern Middle Tn.

It seems years ago we used to always get the real bad storms down here in Middle Tn. along the Al. state line. But in the past few years most of the real bad stuff is going on way North. I don't know why, but that's what it seems like.
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

Forum Member

Saw the path of one of the Friday tornadoes between Parker's Crossroads and Clarksburg (I'm assuming that's the one that smacked Yuma). I also a little bit of damage along Birdsong Rd in Benton County.

I have some relatives south of Greenfield that were within 2 miles of the Taylor family near Skullbone that were killed Sunday night. I haven't seen the Bradford damage yet, but I hear it's unbelievable.

Jackson's been hit hard too many times. The only damage I really saw first hand was the 2003 storms through Jackson and along 412 through Lexington.

Ya'll hang in there and keep an eye on those skies.

Thread Information