Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default ROBO-Pack ???????

I recently attended a training class for extrication primarily using recip. saws and basic hand tools. The neighboring department had a battery pack with a shoulder strap the plugged onto a Dewalt 24 volt cordless saw. I found it to be very impressive and the battery lasted through six cars cut completly with nothing but the recip saw. It was still very charged when we quit. This was due to the fact that we had run out of cars. I asked the department what the name of the battery pack was called and they called it the "ROBO-Pack". They stated that it could be plugged onto an 18 volt saw or 24 volt saws. You just needed to specify the saw type and make. I have looked on the internet and can not find anything listed as such. If anyone knows anything about this battery pack, please pass it on. Oh, one other thing, it looks "similiar" to the battery pack that powers the Power Hawk, but it is not by Curtis Wright.

http://www.specialized.net/ecommerce...uct_id=527X500

Aircraft Dynamics' portable super amp/hour Robopak provides up to six times the run time of standard 24-V cordless batteries. With 6- to 24-V capabilities, it powers hundreds of tools, lights and equipment to finish the job. No setup time is required, and it doesnąt have memory problems. This power source can be recharged at any point of discharge and left on charge when not in use with the included advanced four-stage charger.

God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Nice idea, but hefty price.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Sounds like a Robo-Pak to me. You specify the tool make and voltage and they make send you the battery pack and the tool interface to fit where you would normally insert the manufacturers battery.

You also specify charging system as far as AC or DC.

They are a great asset if you are big sawzall users. We have the dewalt 4 tool kit(sawzall, trim saw, etc) its nice to have for mva calls, but also for the customer service calls(board ups) and for tech rescue calls like trench where you need to get cutting. Its a quick way to get started while the cutting station is setup and fully operational.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42
    Nice idea, but hefty price.
    Not like ANYTHING comes cheap in this business. When you compare it to 3-6 of the standard batteries from DeWalt or Makita, you're not looking at that bad of a deal. We've never really trusted batteries with our department yet, but I can see this as beings something worth looking into - can definitely see the advantage in getting to work while you're waiting on the big tools to get running.

Does it power multiple tools at once? or just one at a time? I'm still thinking it's cheaper to have 2 or 3 batteries to use until the big tools are running. That should give you enough cutting time to get your big tools setup.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information