Thread: Cairns Helmet Historians Needed
04-12-2006, 11:21 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
Cairns Helmet Historians Needed
I have a few questions regarding the evolution of Cairns Leather Helmets. Maybe you can help. Thanks.
"C" = Cairns
1. When did C switch from sized helmets to S,M, and L?
2. When did C add the suspension webbing (4 point or 6)? Was this when they also started adding chin straps?
3. When did C switch from hand written labels to typed labels?
4. When did C add the impact cap to New Yorkers (5A to N5A)and at what point did they switch from (I assume) fiberglass fillled (yellow looking) to grey plastic cap?
5. When did C introduce the N6A? How long was this after NFPA and OSHA started to test fire helmets.
6. When did C stop making size small helmets?
Obviously I am not looking for exact dates, but maybe year groups or transition times.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By FIRE549 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 20Last Post: 05-16-2007, 06:15 PM
By jsdobson in forum Fire Buffs' FirehouseReplies: 1Last Post: 03-26-2003, 07:41 AM
By SC E-5 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 22Last Post: 01-20-2002, 11:17 AM
By fightfires4fun in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 10-19-2001, 10:22 AM
By wtfd92 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 23Last Post: 06-27-2001, 08:41 PM