Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    Sharkie,

I fully agree that Bush really couldn't have done anything differently to change what happened in the first 36 hours. As I have stated, I also agree that there was a serious failure to act at the local level.

I too am not surprised that he lied...especially given that he has us in a war we can't win, and his approval rating has been less than 50% for some time.

What I fail to understand is how one can point fingers at the local level and call them out on every lie they've spewed out (and rightly so), but as soon as fingers are pointed higher up the ladder, suddenly "it's not their fault" and its a rush to the post to defend them.
    The thing is that in most cases, only the Feds are blamed. The locals seem to get a free pass in general. So basically it reaffirms my beief that politicians at all levels are useless twits worthy of good old fashioned beat down and getting booted out of office, alas people are stupid and they shall be reelected.

As for the war, we'll just have to disagree there. It could be won if the politician let the career Warriors fight it and stop micromanaging the generals. Unpopular I know, but that is how I feel.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    So basically it reaffirms my beief that politicians at all levels are useless twits worthy of good old fashioned beat down and getting booted out of office, alas people are stupid and they shall be reelected.
    There was a time when I actually believed their was honor in holding public office, but you have pretty muched summed up how I feel these days.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    As for the war, we'll just have to disagree there. It could be won if the politician let the career Warriors fight it and stop micromanaging the generals. Unpopular I know, but that is how I feel.
    I agree with you in principle...but the only way to truly win that war is to stop the spread of the radical insurgents...which is akin to the extinction of the cockroach...not likely to happen. I felt we had the job done the day we caught Saddam...but what happened to bin Laden??? The middle east has been in turmoil since the beginning of time, and it always will be.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    I agree with you in principle...but the only way to truly win that war is to stop the spread of the radical insurgents...which is akin to the extinction of the cockroach...not likely to happen. I felt we had the job done the day we caught Saddam...but what happened to bin Laden??? The middle east has been in turmoil since the beginning of time, and it always will be.
    No. The way to win the war is to let the soldiers break things and kill people and make the radical insurgents afraid to hit us, due to the repercussions.

Worked with Japan. Two big booms and you haven't heard a peep out of them since.

Forum Member

You take the terrorists and insurgents out one bullet at a time. Again, it is the LCpl, or PFC out there as teh trigger puller. Let them do the job and get the politicians and media out of dodge.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    No. The way to win the war is to let the soldiers break things and kill people and make the radical insurgents afraid to hit us, due to the repercussions.

Worked with Japan. Two big booms and you haven't heard a peep out of them since.
    WELL put George! It's high time the media/liberals/democrats/ACLU/whoever else drank a tall glass of shut the f*ck up and let our boys fight our war!

GO USA!!
    My opinions are my own and do not, in any way, reflect those of any agency to which I am affiliated...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    I agree with you fully here...that is, send a couple of nukes. THAT would send a strong message.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Forum Member

36 hrs for Federal aid? Maybe a few strike teams but in most of the "big" events I've been exposed to 72 hrs would be a closer figure to get the system mobilized and working.And if you think about it,that is not an unreasonable time frame. I'm in total agreement of too many politicians and media interfering with our troops.Give them what they need to get the job DONE,let them get it done and come home.If that requires some special resources,so be it. T.C.

Early Adopter

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42
    But Dal, Hartford and Providence are not hit with hurricanes annually. Rebuilding an area that is constantly hit and is below sea level does not make sense. Rebuilding an area that is hit once every 25 years and is below sea level makes more sense.
    New Orleans isn't hit with hurricanes every year. In fact, before Katrina, I believe the last direct hit they took was Hurricane Betsy in 1965. The last direct hit before Betsy was a hurricane in the late 1940s.

Forum Member

You are right, it is not hit directly every year, but every year a hurricane sweeps through within 100 miles or so. Pensacola, FL and Mobile, AL have gotten hit several times each year in the past few.

But to rebuild a city that is already BELOW sea level, and SINKING is ludicrous.

And how many times is the federal flood insurance program supposed to rebuild the same damned houses on the coast? It gets a bit rediculous after the first time. You want to own a house on the beach? You are more thank likely well off financially so pay for your own insurance to rebuild, not me.

Thread Information