Forum Member

Default Anyone know this accident?

It just popped up on an auto enthusiast's forum I frequent. Only thing I know about it is that it's been forwarded around in e-mails about the dangers of cell phone use while driving.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rider240/1.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rider240/2.jpg
    Last edited by rmoore; 04-16-2006 at 12:13 AM.

Forum Member

Angry

I don't mind seeing pictures of accidents that we can use as a learning tool, but to show this poor girls picture of this tragic outcome is a little too much. What if it was your daughter or someone close to you and your family would you want this on this type of forum, I know I would not be happy. Poor judgement, I'm asking that you remove it. If it's something you want to see keep it to yourself. My prayers go to the family that is dealing with this tragic accident.

Forum Member

Agreed... a little "over the top"...

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Also agreed....way over the top. Pictures of accident scenes, OK, but circulating pictures of victims over the Internet is unprofessional.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Ditto....this is absolutely and completely wrong. There was an incident in our county last year. A high school student, about to graduate, was killed in an MVA. A tragic accident, no drugs or alcohol, etc. Someone at the scene took pictures of the victim with their phone and they were on the internet shortly afterward. Needless to say the family was even more upset and angry.
    In Arduis Fidelis
    Faithful in Adversity

MembersZone Subscriber

give the guy a break.in todays age of phones everywhere this sort of thing is going to be unstopable..although i dont agree he was only looking for information.

MembersZone Subscriber

agree, pics of the accident is one thing. pictures of a victim is highly unprofessional, and in this day and age, it could be a hippa violation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Administrator edit leaves only two URLs that reference images of the truck and the damaged vehicle.

In the opinion of this forum administrator, graphic images of a deceased patient are unnecessary and inappropriate to any discussion related to cell phone or any other extrication topic.
    Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
    www.universityofextrication.com

Forum Member

Ron, Thanks for your input and decision to have this removed. "What type of information is he really looking for". I don't understand !!!!!!!!!. Stay safe.

Forum Member

I was merely looking for more information on what happened. Found out a few days ago it was an accident down in South America somewhere. My apologies. I guess after enough years in broadcasting and news I'm a little more callous to seeing this kind of thing than most.
    Last edited by chopper12; 04-18-2006 at 11:31 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chopper12
    I was merely looking for more information on what happened. Found out a few days ago it was an accident down in South America somewhere. My apologies. I guess after enough years in broadcasting and news I'm a little more callous to seeing this kind of thing than most.
    The internet is a crazy place at times... and it is easy to get in over your head and not even realize it. We're all family here, so take a deep breath and move on.

My observation was that it occurred somewhere outer than in the U.S. The appearance of the "audience" would lead me to believe that South American or Latin America would be the probable location of the incident. Although, I have seen such accidents happen around here as well. The "under-ride" bumpers placed on trailers back in (I believe) the 70s' are now at a bad height with so many more compact cars on the road. Between drunk driving and cell phones... this is probably more common than you might thinks... except the results may be less dramatic of there is less speed involved.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

Poor taste not to mention a civil liability issue here in the US. Outside of that a pretty straightforward underride job although this one was so deep the outcome was pretty near guaranteed.Note the back of the trailer,it does not appear to have the same bumper bracing as ours.It would be interesting to see which method was utilized to extract the auto.Several possibilities depending on the trailer load and spacing. T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101
    Poor taste not to mention a civil liability issue here in the US. Outside of that a pretty straightforward underride job although this one was so deep the outcome was pretty near guaranteed.Note the back of the trailer,it does not appear to have the same bumper bracing as ours.It would be interesting to see which method was utilized to extract the auto.Several possibilities depending on the trailer load and spacing. T.C.
    That was my main question. Airbag the truck up so you can pull the car back out, maybe?

Forum Member

Airbags will work,sometimes if the rig is an air ride you can "override"the height control and get a few inches,hyd jacks and cribbing,rescue rams and cribbing,Medium/heavy tow trucks,low pressure air cushions. T.C.

Thread Information