Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Default Project Responder - Ultimate POV

OK, this is probably a repost, but I did a quick search and couldn't find it.

Anybody seen this site, or this truck? Apparently it travels to fire trade shows a lot. Somebody has a lot of time on thier hands.

Project Responder - Ultimate Volunteer Firefighter's POV

I think there are a few particular words you could use to describe this truck, but this guy sure did put some effort into this one.

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

R-e-d-n-e-c-k

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Probably should change the website to ultimatewhackermobile.com And yes the domain name is AVAILABLE!
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

It's a repost. There was a pretty good thread about it in the Junior FF section here...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Looks like someone's POV that I saw up in Louisville,Ky last fall for Jefferson County Fire School.His was red,though.

Forum Member

I think that qualifies for the whacker of the year award. Its saving grace is the model, nice.

MembersZone Subscriber

*snort*

Sponsored by the small _________ society!

Anyone else notice the "motion blur" with nobody behind the wheel? Next photo in this series shows the truck in a better position, wrapped around a pole w/ nobody inside of it. Can anyone say extrication practice?
    ______________________________ __________________
    If you are new to posting please CLICK HERE for an essential lesson
    ______________________________ __________________
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day in the office. And in my case the office is a boat!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

In addition we are currently working to incorporate Project Responder into the Homeland Security and Domestic Preparedness infrastructure.

Anybody else ready that!?

and this gem.....

Our show schedule is online so you can find out whree you can see Project Responder
    guess spell check jus doont work fo dem readnecks.......
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

While I think it is a great exercise in corporate sponsorship, I fail to see what the realistic purpose of this thing is. They have been building that thing for at least the last 6 years and for 6 years, I haven't been able to figure out why.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Hell...give me the money and I could pull that off! Actually, I could probably do even better! lol

Forum Member

Thumbs down

It kinda looks like my chiefs truck :/

Sorry, I just dont see why someone would sink all that money, time and effort into a vehicle like this.

I bet you it will be up for sale within 2-3 years.

Forum Member

Who will buy that piece of junk?

You know the saying- "Theres a sucker born every 16th birthday."

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking I'll Take It...............

A Black over Yellow paint job, slide in a 200 gal tank/pump, and I'll use it as a brush truck. Of course, the Q will have to go, need room for the winch, and the powercall will handle the traffic.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

I've seen that piece of ridiculousness, and I thought then, as I do now, "That thing would look great in the crosshairs of a grenade launcher."

'nuff said.

FossilMedic

Default Brabus 6.1 Urban Tactical Vehicle

THIS is what I would consider for my responder vehicle.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...9/Introduction
    Survival of the Fittest: A high-performance luxury car you can bond with
    By PATRICK C. PATERNIE
    AutoWeek | Published 04/07/06, 11:30 am et

“We built him the Brabus 6.1 Urban Tactical Vehicle, an armored urban tactical luxury sedan,” Beaty said of the specially commissioned project based on a 2002 S-Class. The UTV, explained Beaty, is “designed for individuals who demand luxury transportation that not only offers comfort and enhanced performance, but also integrates tactical features that provide defensive, evasive and preemptive danger-containment subsystems for unexpected emergencies such as attempted armed carjacking, high-speed chases, random violence, natural disasters, surveillance and counter-surveillance.”

Blacked-out exterior lighting and a Raytheon night-vision system with front and rear-mounted cameras provide the capability of driving in stealth mode. A high-intensity flashing strobe light perched in the rear window discourages pursuers. More aggressive means of pursuit discouragement are the oil slick and smoke screen dispensers poking out below the rear bumper.

Pace car-style red, white and blue flashing strobe lights and a traffic-light preemption system contribute to safe getaways assisted by a PA system and sirens. Propulsion comes from a 6.1-liter, 426-hp Brabus V8. Braking and suspension upgrades are also from the Brabus catalog, as are Brabus 9.5x18-inch five-spoke wheels with 245/75ZR run-flat tires.

Of course there are the usual Brabus luxury interior upgrades, plus a 500-watt Nakamichi 6.5 sound system with DVD/TV/satellite radio.

Despite all the extras, the UTV is fun to drive, sporting better-than-average luxury-sedan handling and snappy acceleration accompanied by a throaty warble from the quad exhaust outlets. Other than that, it appears pretty benign until you fiddle with the toggle switches hidden in the center console.

If you can survive the $325,000 sticker price, the Brabus UTV should handle the rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MikeWard; 04-17-2006 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard
    THIS is what I would consider for my responder vehicle.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...9/Introduction
    Survival of the Fittest: A high-performance luxury car you can bond with
    By PATRICK C. PATERNIE
    AutoWeek | Published 04/07/06, 11:30 am et

“We built him the Brabus 6.1 Urban Tactical Vehicle, an armored urban tactical luxury sedan,” Beaty said of the specially commissioned project based on a 2002 S-Class. The UTV, explained Beaty, is “designed for individuals who demand luxury transportation that not only offers comfort and enhanced performance, but also integrates tactical features that provide defensive, evasive and preemptive danger-containment subsystems for unexpected emergencies such as attempted armed carjacking, high-speed chases, random violence, natural disasters, surveillance and counter-surveillance.”

Blacked-out exterior lighting and a Raytheon night-vision system with front and rear-mounted cameras provide the capability of driving in stealth mode. A high-intensity flashing strobe light perched in the rear window discourages pursuers. More aggressive means of pursuit discouragement are the oil slick and smoke screen dispensers poking out below the rear bumper.

Pace car-style red, white and blue flashing strobe lights and a traffic-light preemption system contribute to safe getaways assisted by a PA system and sirens. Propulsion comes from a 6.1-liter, 426-hp Brabus V8. Braking and suspension upgrades are also from the Brabus catalog, as are Brabus 9.5x18-inch five-spoke wheels with 245/75ZR run-flat tires.

Of course there are the usual Brabus luxury interior upgrades, plus a 500-watt Nakamichi 6.5 sound system with DVD/TV/satellite radio.

Despite all the extras, the UTV is fun to drive, sporting better-than-average luxury-sedan handling and snappy acceleration accompanied by a throaty warble from the quad exhaust outlets. Other than that, it appears pretty benign until you fiddle with the toggle switches hidden in the center console.

If you can survive the $325,000 sticker price, the Brabus UTV should handle the rest.
    *Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Brabus UTV Benz
    for all whackermobiles in the world, I must make amends
    I worked hard all my lifetime for the community and friends
    Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Brabus UTV Benz

*Apologies to the late Janis Joplin
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 04-17-2006 at 06:54 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    *Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Brabus ITV Benz
    for all whackermobiles in the world, I must make amends
    I worked hard all my lifetime for the community and frienmds
    Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Brabus UTV Benz

*Apologies to the late Janis Joplin
    I actually sang that in my head while I read it....D'oh
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!