Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Realizing I may have missed something through editing and/or censoring, I have seen several very offensive posts on the boards. Some of those topics have been allowed to continue for days. What makes this incident so different???

I still have no idea what thread and events caused this so I'm totally in the dark.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

You only get banned if someone complains/reports your posts. So he must have ****ed someone off enough that they reported him. Webteam then decides whether it violates their T.O.S. and they act accordingly. #'s of posts, how long your posting, memberzone or not, who you are does not matter. It's their sandbox, play by their rules.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

OK. I see the thread where cry-baby went off on a tangent about gonzo and some others. However, I fail to see how that had anything to do with his banning. I'm still lost.

edit- question answered.

That is what I don't understand. The only one that said anything stupid enough to get banned is the idiot who started the thread. Obviously the cheese slipped off his cracker. Nobody else including Gonzo said anything offensive. What am I missing here?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm guessing that some things were deleted or censored.

Forum Member

OK, maybe it's in here somewhere and I just missed it, but how long are they putting Gonz in the corner for??
    All of the above comments are solely mine and not those of anyone else.

Nobody is ugly after 2 A.M.

Some see the glass as half-empty, some see it as half-full, I just wonder who in the H#$* is drinking my beer!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Cap gets banned and I never did? Something ain't right about that.

If some people on here would just realize that everyone has there own opinion and not go crying to the WT when someone hurts there feelings things might not get so out of hand like it has of late. Capt. Gonzo is in my opinion on of the most respected posters on these forums and for him to get a 10 day ban is a sad day. Now did he go over the edge with a post maybe, but if others would not have kept pushing buttons and just accepted that they have different opinions and left it at that then things may not have lead to what they did. I know that a good debate on a subject is good but we must all accept that a different opinion is not a reason to start name calling and crying to the WT. Lets all act like the professionals that most of us are.
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

Working on the assumption that a member who is banned loses all privileges and rights covered under the TOS, I will simply say that apparatusfan is a thin skinned tool, who posted a myriad of excerpts from other peoples posts to intentionally portray their meaning out of context. Many of the excerpts were directed towards the beloved UsedTrojan-Horse, nothing less than a scoundrel on these boards.

So, apparatusfan has succeeded in getting a few of our level-headed participants banned, what a coop! When he returns to the forums I will treat him as I am forced to treat the incapable, idiots of the world who cry for special treatment in the name of equal treatment. Until his reinstatement, however, I will characterize him for what he is, a spineless, whiney child, who runs crying to mommy for help because somebody called him a bad name. I say these thing based on the fact he IS NOT a current member, in good standing, of the forums and, thus, does not fall under the TOS protections.

I am quite surprised by the failure to account for a memberís history in making the determination that a member should be punished for expressing their opinion. Surely, a member with only 37 posts in the FH Forums was checked to see that his IP was not that of other members who have been permanently banned from this site. I, for one, saw many similarities to our old friend TH in his writings. I hope some due diligence was taken prior to a decision being made with such a broad brush.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default I've always wanted to do this hehehe ....

Quote Originally Posted by E229Lt
    Working on the assumption that a member who is banned loses all privileges and rights covered under the TOS, I will simply say that apparatusfan is a thin skinned tool, who posted a myriad of excerpts from other peoples posts to intentionally portray their meaning out of context. Many of the excerpts were directed towards the beloved UsedTrojan-Horse, nothing less than a scoundrel on these boards.

So, apparatusfan has succeeded in getting a few of our level-headed participants banned, what a coop! When he returns to the forums I will treat him as I am forced to treat the incapable, idiots of the world who cry for special treatment in the name of equal treatment. Until his reinstatement, however, I will characterize him for what he is, a spineless, whiney child, who runs crying to mommy for help because somebody called him a bad name. I say these thing based on the fact he IS NOT a current member, in good standing, of the forums and, thus, does not fall under the TOS protections.

I am quite surprised by the failure to account for a memberís history in making the determination that a member should be punished for expressing their opinion. Surely, a member with only 37 posts in the FH Forums was checked to see that his IP was not that of other members who have been permanently banned from this site. I, for one, saw many similarities to our old friend TH in his writings. I hope some due diligence was taken prior to a decision being made with such a broad brush.

BING-FREAKIN'-O!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

This guy was a participant in a forum for "pipe organs" (for real), and seemed to be held with as much disdain with that group. From what I read, he seemed to carry himself there in a manner similar to his character here.

I don't think it was TH, but that actually frightens me even more considering there could be a virtual clone out there somewhere.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Cap gets banned and I never did? Something ain't right about that.

Likewise for me........
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

In honor of the Great Capt Gonzo, Have a drink on me!

MembersZone Subscriber

What amazes me is that some who have made hundreds and thousands of posts seem to think they can eschew normal civility just because they have "tenure." That is ridiculous. If I have a question and someone thinks it is dumb, all they have to do is skip on to the next post and let someone who wants to help answer the question. Instead, many take the opportunity to try and humiliate the poster. If your self esteem is so low that you need to be a bully on an internet forum, you've got no place in the fire service, no matter how many years you've been a firefighter.

Now I haven't necessarily had a problem with Gonzo's posts. But it is my opinion that there are quite a few on the forum who could use a time out here and there.

Forum Member

Has FH's legal department ever considered their violation of this country's 1st Amendment rights?

Can they legally ban someone based on what they say?

Posting on someone's internet forum is a privilege, not a right.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by paulmarsh
    What amazes me is that some who have made hundreds and thousands of posts seem to think they can eschew normal civility just because they have "tenure." That is ridiculous. If I have a question and someone thinks it is dumb, all they have to do is skip on to the next post and let someone who wants to help answer the question. Instead, many take the opportunity to try and humiliate the poster. If your self esteem is so low that you need to be a bully on an internet forum, you've got no place in the fire service, no matter how many years you've been a firefighter.

Now I haven't necessarily had a problem with Gonzo's posts. But it is my opinion that there are quite a few on the forum who could use a time out here and there.
    Gonzo has more time hitting the back space key than you have on this forum. You have no problem? Good. Because you have zero credibility to make that judgement.

Thread Information