1. #1
    Forum Member
    ChoffaJFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jeffersonville, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    31

    Exclamation 2-Way Radio problems.. help!

    This is involving my fire department radio that I own. I have a Motorola HT-750, VHF, 16 channels that I just refurbished.

    I installed the new housing and everything and when I got it back together and turned it on nothing would come out of the speaker. I took it back apart and looked at it and the 'flex cable' (orange cable running from the internal switchboard to the speaker) was ripped. If anybody knows anyone who can fix this or a shop that could fix it PLEASE let me know as I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible.

    Also, for those of you that don't know a place that can fix it please recommend the type of radio that you would recommend if I have to get a new one. I am partial to Motorola so try to keep that in mind.

    Let me know if you think you can help..
    AIM-Chh2690
    Yahoo-Choffa08
    MSN- Chip1352@hotmail.com
    EMail- CHoffa@gmail.com

    -Chip

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Res343cue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your 1st due.
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Bring it to your local Moto shop. They can put a new flex circuit in there no problem.

    Or, if you have access to the MOL, buy it yourself and do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

    I A C O J
    FTM-PTB


    Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    ChoffaJFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jeffersonville, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue
    Bring it to your local Moto shop. They can put a new flex circuit in there no problem.

    Or, if you have access to the MOL, buy it yourself and do it.
    I'm not familiar with the "MOL"... is it a fairly simple procedure?

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Res343cue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your 1st due.
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChoffaJFD
    I'm not familiar with the "MOL"... is it a fairly simple procedure?
    If you don't know what "MOL" is, you don't have access to it.

    Motorola OnLine.

    You can order essentially any BatWing product through them, if you have access.

    Your best bet, take it to a service shop...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

    I A C O J
    FTM-PTB


    Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    ChoffaJFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jeffersonville, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue
    If you don't know what "MOL" is, you don't have access to it.

    Motorola OnLine.

    You can order essentially any BatWing product through them, if you have access.

    Your best bet, take it to a service shop...
    I was just trying to figure out whether or not it would be expensive... and whether or not its worth getting fixed or me buying a new but used model somewhere.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Radio Ten Codes?
    By Rascal in forum Fire Buffs' Firehouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 04:32 PM
  2. Radio strap vs. Radio pocket or belt clip?
    By fireman4949 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 08:01 PM
  3. Pg County News
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 10:33 AM
  4. FDNY Radio System Questions
    By Firefighter430 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2002, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register