Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Communications MOU

I know its a little late in the game now but we're having some troubles with one of our departments involved in our regional project not wanting to play nice with everyone else. Do you think its too late to have everyone sign a MOU for this grant? Could anyone provide a copy of their MOU? SYFIRE, I think you sent me one before but I lost it when my PC crashed cause I didn't back it up figuring I woudln't need it, but could you please send it again seeing as how we wouldn't have this problem if we would have used this avenue in the first place.

:edit: You can e-mail to not2l84u2@charter.net

Thanks,

Ryan
    Last edited by Not2L84U2; 04-17-2006 at 08:39 PM.

Forum Member

Ryan

MOU is on the way.

I would think you or your regional committee should have authority over all the equipment being dispursed and if that is the case and they don't "play nice", the equipment should be taken away.

Sounds kinda hardcore but there's a lot riding on the guarenteed match. If they don't pay their match who will?

I think its alittle late to have everyone backtrack and sign a promise for something they already have....just my .02

Tom

We've been pretty stern about most of this and stayed on course. I just wish we would have put the MOU in their hands from the get go.

Like you said, I think it's a little too late now, but if nothing else at least we have it to reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Not2L84U2
    I know its a little late in the game now but we're having some troubles with one of our departments involved in our regional project not wanting to play nice with everyone else. Do you think its too late to have everyone sign a MOU for this grant? Could anyone provide a copy of their MOU? SYFIRE, I think you sent me one before but I lost it when my PC crashed cause I didn't back it up figuring I woudln't need it, but could you please send it again seeing as how we wouldn't have this problem if we would have used this avenue in the first place.

:edit: You can e-mail to not2l84u2@charter.net

Thanks,

Ryan
    Ryan do you already have the grant and the equipment is deployed? If so then the departmnet that was the host agency has, from my understanding, 100% control over the equipment until the grant award period is over, if they are not complying, then contact your Program Rep and get them involved before they come down on you guys. I guarntee, they won't like the long term consequences of that action.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Was actually talking to another guy this morning and he reminded me that we made everyone fill out a form agreeing to the price and how many radios they wanted. It isn't so much an MOU but kinda serves the same purpose.

Yeah, grant is awarded and equipment is purchased, but has not been handed out yet. That's the problem. They are upset over something that has nothing to do with this grant and so they want to just buy the equipment that the grant paid for themselves.

So if I read that right, they have the money to buy their own communication equipment. HHHHMMMMMHHHH!!! I wonder how that played into their "financial need" statement on the original application? Oh well, you can't please all the people all the time!
    Kurt Bradley

That's what I'm saying!! They were just complaining last week that they don't have the $$ to buy a new truck and that they have to keep buying used, etc. We're talking about $24K PLUS! If I remember from the financial statements then that's a huge chunk of their budget

Quote Originally Posted by Not2L84U2
    That's what I'm saying!! They were just complaining last week that they don't have the $$ to buy a new truck and that they have to keep buying used, etc. We're talking about $24K PLUS! If I remember from the financial statements then that's a huge chunk of their budget
    It would appear to me that the Chief in question needs to spend some time here in the forums or talking with someone, like me ,about how he is laying out the financial future of his department. Obviusly he stilldoes not understand the "new age" world of grants and how to position himself for their proper usage.

He also needs to learn "not to look a gift horse ih the mouth"!
    Kurt Bradley

One would think. I'm sure his taxpayers would have a fit knowing that they would be paying $24K for something they could have had for $1,200.

Remember that you can lead a horse to water.....

I truly think that once his board and others get involved and he cools off over this one issue that everything will be fine, but want to be prepared just in case it's not.

Thread Information