I have been involved with several departments ranging from paid to volunteer, but i have heard little about lateral transfers between departments. I received my BA in Mass Comm with a concentration in Public Information, and now I am looking to use my degree in the fire service where I have been a professional firefighter for the past 6 years.

Does any one know of departments who are in the process of looking for PIO's and are willing to look outside of their department?