Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

To the guy who takes everything that I say out of context, please quit responding to my thread.

----------------------------------------------

To the mayor

Again, thank you for the message.

---------------------------------------------
    To the math wizard (not being a smart alek),

It is a newly paved road, which, in the research conducted by my high school physics class, deserves a speed limit of 55-60 mph. However, this road has a speed limit of 40mph.

Quote Originally Posted by barryhumphries
    To the guy who takes everything that I say out of context, please quit responding to my thread.
    LOL....Dude..Im trying to help you out so that incase you ever decide to join our wonderfull site youll know not to make comments like that..Save you lotsa hassle...But hey if you wanna be known like that, thats your choice..Cheers Bud
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Yes, I also found that. However, it does not outline what is considered an Authorized Emergency Vehicle. I know some states give specific information on how a POV is considered an Authorized Emergency Vehicle. There are certain specs, including a 360 degree view of a single red light and a siren. However, other states only require a single red or blue light.
    Hey Wacker.... Why are you asking that question here? If you have clearance to run the light your chief officers should have passed on the info your asking. Furthermore, I still cant figure out why you are already running light after only been running calls for a month

He done called him a name!

DUCK!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Barry,

I told you this was going to get interesting!
    Last edited by NYSmokey; 04-22-2006 at 11:02 PM.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

i dunno if we will make 3 pages.......
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Yes, Smokey, you were right

BLS, the rate you and I are going, we just might get there

Quote Originally Posted by WebTeam
    Over the past few weeks, and months, user conduct continues to be a problem

We will remind users that personal attacks, calling other users out, etc. for the opinions, right or wrong, is completely unacceptable at Firehouse.com

Consider this your final notice.

If any user engages in a personal attack of another user, including in response to them attacking you -- as we've warned users of before -- you are subject to permanent removal from these forums. Whether you are posting your first post, or on post 5,000. You will be removed.

We are not going to tolerate the name calling and such that takes place in some of the forums here. The vast majority of users are very civil to each other, but for those who are not, you will be gone.

And we will remind you of our terms of service, which are summed up best at the bottom of every forum page:

Firehouse.com Forums Note: Any posts which abuse, threaten, harass or inappropriately post personal information about other members or individuals; include commercial messages, links to inappropriate content; or otherwise include any objectionable content, your Firehouse.com account may be terminated without warning. We do not monitor all posts and rely on user feedback to report these instances. Do not post private information that you do not want made available publicly, including your name and department, and never assume you are completely anonymous. We reserve the right to remove any user, for any reason, at any time.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

WebTeam

As for you, RES81CUE, why are YOU calling me names without reading what's posted in the forum? Yes, I am here on the first day and know that. As for your question, read the whole thread before responding.

RES81CUE does make a bit of a point....If your allowed to run lights and or sirens it should be told you by your dept what you can and cant have and what requirements there are to do so...And just a sidenote...askin questions about lights regardless if they are good valid questions be expected to be known as a whacker....It comes with the territory
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33
    ...askin questions about lights regardless if they are good valid questions be expected to be known as a whacker....
    And again, thank you for raising the intelligence level of this thread with your presence.

And again, thank you for raising the intelligence level of this thread with your presence.
    No Problem pal...Do what I can

Ryan

I do what I can......I'm bored, and in a Firefighting mood....no parties tonight so i came to the next best place
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Hey Barry, if you come in here and try to stir the pot, then expect to get flamed. You'd have better luck selling your vehicle to the fire department, becoming an officer, then leasing it back from them as a command vehicle based on what I've read of the information you've presented.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy
    I do what I can......I'm bored, and in a Firefighting mood....no parties tonight so i came to the next best place
    Seems Im not the only one

Ryan

When I was younger, we would cruise the neighborhood with our cars to look for a party, not "cruise the internet with our mouse."
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff
    When I was younger, we would cruise the neighborhood with our cars to look for a party, not "cruise the internet with our mouse."
    Its kinda hard to do that on a military base...People in the PMQs dont appreciate comin to their door all hammered..lol

Ryan

...Im sure theys plenty of people who "know what they are talking about", but chose not to post...

Yup......that's exactly why I'm not going to post my reply.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey
    Yup......that's exactly why I'm not going to post my reply.
    Watch it...He might get cranky with you too

Ryan

Eh, the way gas is these days, I just figure troll for babes on AIM and Myspace is MUCH cheaper!

(and im NO pedophile, I only talk to people I KNOW)
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Eh, the way gas is these days, I just figure troll for babes on AIM and Myspace is MUCH cheaper!

(and im NO pedophile, I only talk to people I KNOW)
    Thread hijack in process?

For Barry...

Why not contact the state DMV, RMV or whatever agency issues the license plates and get their clarifications?

As far as the accidents an POV's running lights.. there have been many fatalities as a result of speed and recklessness withthe "I have lights, so I can go fast" mentality.

I am a career fire officer who does get called back for coverage for major incidents. In Massachusetts, career firefighters are not allowed to run with emegerncy lights.

I report to my station (4 miles from my home) driving in "normal mode" and get there in plenty of time.

----------------------------------------------

To the mayor

Again, thank you for the message.

---------------------------------------------
    To the math wizard (not being a smart alek),

It is a newly paved road, which, in the research conducted by my high school physics class, deserves a speed limit of 55-60 mph. However, this road has a speed limit of 40mph.
    Okay.. take this from a forum veteran...

Take some time to grow yourself a hard shell. This forum is a lot like the firehouse... you will get your stones busted at one time or another.

in reference to your remark to the "math wizard"....

The research of your "high school physics class" may be fine and dandy, but the state hires certified civil engineers with bachelor's and master's degrees to design roads and base the speed limits on their calculations.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thats affirmitive Cap, I'm just tryin to protect my brothers from the "big bad webteam" (meant as tonge in cheek, dont boot me)
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Thread Information