Forum Member

Default WTC Building 7 Wasn't Demolished

I have been looking at firemen's testimony from firehouse magazine about the massive damage to WTC 7 (Firehouse Magazine - April, May, and Aug 2002) over the past few months and it is quite compelling testimony - building 7 was poised for collapse hours before it actually did.

Unfortunately, some people are running around saying that building 7 was brought down with explosives. I'm looking for testimony from firefighters who were at WTC 7 on 9/11/01. I want to refute the building 7 demolition claims. Below is a link to a physics professor's paper on this subject along with the names of firefighters that I have seen WTC 7 damage testimony from. I would like to see further testimony from these firefighters on the scene that day at building 7 that would focus even more specifically on the damage they saw and what they think about this professor's claims. There are also claims about Larry Silverstein telling a fire chief to "pull it" - some people think he meant demolish the building, but Silverstein's spokespeople said that he meant, "pull a contingent of firefighters out". I don't know if the conversation was with Chief Daniel Nigro or someone else, but some further clarification from the firefighter's end would be very helpful on that issue as well.

Firefighters who already testified but who might be able to give further testimony: Richard Banaciski, Chief Cruthers (Citywide Tour Commander), Assistant Commissioner James Drury, Captain Ray Goldbach (Executive Assistant to the Fire Commissioner), Dr. Kerry Kelly (Chief Medical Officer), Kevin Martin (Fireman second, Engine 239), Chief
    Thomas McCarthy, Daniel Nigro (Chief of Department), John Peruggia, Dr. David Prezant (Deputy Chief Medical Officer), and William Ryan (Lieutenant, Ladder 85). There may be many others.

Professor Steven E. Jones' paper about WTC 7 being brought down with thermite charges, etc.: http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html

Certainly there are unanswered questions, but I'm looking to gather more actual testimony. If anyone knows anything or was there that day, please reply. You can also reply just to give you opinion on the matter.

I'm just tired of all of the "seems to me" conspiracy theory BS that's out there and I'm working to refute it with FACTS. Thanks.

Robert

Forum Member

Firefighters who already testified but who might be able to give further testimony: Richard Banaciski, Chief Cruthers (Citywide Tour Commander), Assistant Commissioner James Drury, Captain Ray Goldbach (Executive Assistant to the Fire Commissioner), Dr. Kerry Kelly (Chief Medical Officer), Kevin Martin (Fireman second, Engine 239), Chief
    Thomas McCarthy, Daniel Nigro (Chief of Department), John Peruggia, Dr. David Prezant (Deputy Chief Medical Officer), and William Ryan (Lieutenant, Ladder 85).
    If the ones YOU listed above aren't enough for YOU, then I think YOU believe too much in the "seems to me conspiracy theory BS ".
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42
    If the ones YOU listed above aren't enough for YOU, then I think YOU believe too much in the "seems to me conspiracy theory BS ".
    They are enough for me, but apparently not for the conspiracy theorists out there. I am compiling all of this testimony to be put on a website designed to refute and put an end to these theories that are currently attempting to divide our nation. I don't like people trying to divide my nation, so I want to do something about it. I just wanted to poke around a bit to find out if there is more testimony out there. The more, the better.

I want more specific detailed testimony about WTC 7 damage from the men listed above and from others. In the quotes from the people above, they were just testifying about their day on 9/11 and mentioned some damage to building 7 in passing.

Forum Member

By the way - these are some of the quotes I have so far:

"WTC Building 7 appears to have suffered significant damage at some point after the WTC Towers had collapsed, according to firefighters at the scene. Firefighter Butch Brandies tells other firefighters that nobody is to go into Building 7 because of creaking and noises coming out of there. [Firehouse Magazine, 8/02]

According to Deputy Chief Peter Hayden, there is a bulge in the southwest corner of the building between floors 10 and 13. [Firehouse Magazine, 4/02]

Battalion Chief John Norman later recalls, “At the edge of the south face you could see that it is very heavily damaged.” [Firehouse Magazine, 5/02]

Deputy Chief Nick Visconti also later recalls recounts, “A big chunk of the lower floors had been taken out on the Vesey Street side.” Captain Chris Boyle recalls, “On the south side of 7 there had to be a hole 20 stories tall in the building, with fire on several floors.” [Firehouse Magazine, 8/02]

"The most important operational decision to be made that afternoon was the collapse (Of the WTC towers) had damaged 7 World Trade Center, which is about a 50 story building, at Vesey between West Broadway and Washington Street. It had very heavy fire on many floors and I ordered the evacuation of an area sufficient around to protect our members, so we had to give up some rescue operations that were going on at the time and back the people away far enough so that if 7 World Trade did collapse, we [wouldn't] lose any more people. We continued to operate on what we could from that distance and approximately an hour and a half after that order was [given], at 5:30 in the afternoon, World Trade Center collapsed completely" - Daniel Nigro
    http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...gro_Daniel.txt

"They told us to get out of there because they were worried about 7 World Trade Center, which is right behind it, coming down. We were up on the upper floors of the Verizon building looking at it. You could just see the whole bottom corner of the building was gone. We could look right out over to where the Trade Centers were because we were that high up. Looking over the smaller buildings. I just remember it was tremendous, tremendous fires going on. Finally they pulled us out. They said all right, get out of that building because that 7, they were really worried about. They pulled us out of there and then they regrouped everybody on Vesey Street, between the water and West Street. They put everybody back in there. Finally it did come down. From there - this is much later on in the day, because every day we were so worried about that building we didn't really want to get people close. They were trying to limit the amount of people that were in there. Finally it did come down." - Richard Banaciski
    http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...ki_Richard.txt

"Early on, there was concern that 7 World Trade Center might have been both impacted by the collapsing tower and had several fires in it and there was a concern that it might collapse. So we instructed that a collapse area -- (Q. A collapse zone?) -- Yeah -- be set up and maintained so that when the expected collapse of 7 happened, we wouldn't have people working in it. There was considerable discussion with Con Ed regarding the substation in that building and the feeders and the oil coolants and so on. And their concern was of the type of fire we might have when it collapsed." - Chief Cruthers
    http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...C/Cruthers.txt

"Then we found out, I guess around 3:00 [o'clock], that they thought 7 was going to collapse. So, of course, [we've] got guys all in this pile over here and the main concern was get everybody out, and I guess it took us over an hour and a half, two hours to get everybody out of there. (Q. Initially when you were there, you had said you heard a few Maydays?) Oh, yes. We had Maydays like crazy.... The heat must have been tremendous. There was so much [expletive] fire there. This whole pile was burning like crazy. Just the heat and the smoke from all the other buildings on fire, you [couldn't] see anything. So it took us a while and we ended up backing everybody out, and [that's] when 7 collapsed.... Basically, we fell back for 7 to collapse, and then we waited a while and it got a lot more organized, I would guess." - William Ryan
    http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...an_William.txt

(There are many more from that same location - you can get to them here: http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...tories_01.html)

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Maybe you'll find some resources in one of these threads ....

http://forums.firehouse.com/search.php?searchid=114368
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Truckie

Great, another crack-head conspiracy theorist, who is "trying to get to the bottom of this".....
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

I've already gotten to the bottom of this a long time ago. Planes hit towers, they fell, hit building 7, it fell. End of discussion. That's what I believe.

I do have a friend however who still believes in the conspiracy theory junk and I'm trying to see how far he will go into denial in the face of truthful testimony and evidence before he admits that his ideas are bogus.

So, I'm trying to gather some facts for a website that will disprove these strange theories while also providing a place for the general public to go to find out the truth about that day and be able to put the conspiracists in their places when they try to bring up their theories.

Sorry - if you all are tired of this, I'll go away - I thought you'd view it as me doing you all a favor by getting the truth out there for people to more easily access it, that's all.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Did you try searching Google, or other search engines?

Here's google ... Results 1 - 10 of about 1,950,000 for wtc conspiracy theory. (0.92 seconds)
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Yes, googling 9/11 conspiracies and finding reams of it - that's the big problem now isn't it?

This conspiracy theory drivel is getting to be so prolific that the "average Joe citizen" that I run into nowadays has heard of it and is even starting to believe it! I've been researching this stuff for quite some time now and have exposed these theories for what they are, baseless "seems to me..." garbage. I want to take all of what I've found organize it and bring it together in a simple format all in one place and start pointing people to it so they can get educated.

I came here because I knew I'd find real people who know what they're talking about and where I would most likely find some more material and firsthand testimony.

Thread Information