Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Cool DC Serial Arsonist

Does anyone know of a Assistant Fire Marshal in Alexandria VA who is claiming to have been involved with the arrest of the Serial Arsonist this is a must see story. more to follow soon

.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... ................

this is a must see story
    are we being spammed anyone?
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Default Dc Serial Arsonist

The reason why I started that thread was to see if any of you know this
    Fire Marshal? According to this link He has done an outstanding Job read this I'm quoting from AMERICAS MOST WANTED Http://www.americasmostwanted.com/al...srchdetail.cfm

The Assistant Fire Marshal Alexandria Fire Department has more than 25 years of experience in firefighting, last year, his skills to the test when he single-handedly nabbed a serial arsonist who was responsible for numberous fires and two deaths. able to develop a strong rapor with the suspect, which eventually led to a confession. For his heroic efforts, he received the silver medal of valor and the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce Valor Award

I have been told that this information could be false. Can anyone please make a comment on this story. thanks

Forum Member

sorry no spam just seeking inforo on this va fire marshal story

You might want to try using Google sometime.

Here's your story from what appears to be a local newspaper.

Forum Member

Wink DC Serial Arsonist

thanks for the link let my intentions be clear the reason I have asked you about the VA Fire Marshal is because I was part of the Team who went after the DC Serial Arsonist. I wanted to know what was being said about this Fire Marshal Claiming to be the one man who caught the Arsonist. Im letting the Fire Department Community know that this was about a 3 year investigation that involved nearly 50 people. Trust me there was no one person involved in making the arrest in this case. As you can see this has made talk about the community of Fire Fighters and Law Enforcement.

please give feed back thanks again be safe out there.

APRIL 27, 2005: As part of a federal task force, Assistant Fire Marshal Robert Luckett spent years trying to catch a deadly arsonist. After months of surveillance, Luckett was ordered to make the arrest in a Maryland parking lot. The arrest went down without violence or resistance.

The suspect eventually confessed setting more than 300 fires since the 1970s, killing two people and injuring scores of others. He was later sentenced to 130 years in prison.

Luckett received a certificate of valor.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeydawn11
    thanks for the link let my intentions be clear the reason I have asked you about the VA Fire Marshal is because I was part of the Team who went after the DC Serial Arsonist. I wanted to know what was being said about this Fire Marshal Claiming to be the one man who caught the Arsonist. Im letting the Fire Department Community know that this was about a 3 year investigation that involved nearly 50 people. Trust me there was no one person involved in making the arrest in this case. As you can see this has made talk about the community of Fire Fighters and Law Enforcement.

please give feed back thanks again be safe out there.

APRIL 27, 2005: As part of a federal task force, Assistant Fire Marshal Robert Luckett spent years trying to catch a deadly arsonist. After months of surveillance, Luckett was ordered to make the arrest in a Maryland parking lot. The arrest went down without violence or resistance.

The suspect eventually confessed setting more than 300 fires since the 1970s, killing two people and injuring scores of others. He was later sentenced to 130 years in prison.

Luckett received a certificate of valor.
    I don't think anybody here would ever think major crimes are solved by individuals. They're always solved by teams working together.

As far as this story, I'm a couple thousand miles away so I don't know anything about the events, but the link I found and posted and the America's Most Wanted blurb seem to somewhat match if you strip out all the AMW added hype.

I didn't read the story as saying this guy solved the case solo, only that he made the actual arrest. Is there some local scandal about the published information being inaccurate? You said 'you were part of the team', what other jurisdictions were involved and how many arsons were tied to the suspect?
    Last edited by EFD840; 05-08-2006 at 05:31 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nice Guy

In March, at the IAAI conference in Austin Texas, this VA marshal and two ATF guys gave a great 8 hour presentation on this case. Nobody was taking individual credit, they where talking about the hard work and interoperability between all jurisdictions. Best 8 hours I have spent in a class. By the way. That arsonist (who really likes firemen) is an hour up HWY 41 from me in the federal pen in Terre Haute Indiana. Same place they had McVay.(sp?)

Thread Information